Chapter 9

I woke up to the sun peeking through a small opening in the curtains and shining onto my face. I could feel the small amount of warmth it provided and let myself relax, closing my eyes.

     I pulled the soft covers up over my head. I wished I could stay like this forever.

I almost fell back asleep under the covers before I heard my door being opened. I quickly sat up to see who it was.

Mika walked in, not even looking at me. He was holding a mannequin with a soft peachy pink dress decorating it.

     He set the mannequin stand down near the closet before walking back out without so much as a glance in my direction.

     After a bit, I crawled out of bed and walked over to the dress. It was pretty. The lace was intricate.

     I put the dress on and discarded my night clothes in a hamper before making my bed

I put the dress on and discarded my night clothes in a hamper before making my bed. I sat down on it and looked across the room, out the window.

If only I could get out. I could certainly run away. Anywhere else would be fine for now until I figured out how to get back to the facility.

     The window was high off of the ground. If I tried to jump down I would surely injure my legs beyond the point of being able to escape. How pathetic.

I found a pair of nylons in a very similar shade to my skin and then opened up the closet, picking out a pair of shoes that I would have an easier time walking or running in than regular heels.

I twirled around in the mirror, taking in my reflection. I was never the kind of person to wear dresses. Especially such feminine ones like this one, but now that I'm wearing it, it really isn't as bad as I thought. The colors were bringing out some of my best features and accented my shoulders nicely.

     I couldn't help but stop and think about how my best friend Shinoa would've loved to see me wearing something like this under different circumstances.

     She would've told me I was the most beautiful person she'd ever seen and that even though I don't need a dress to feel beautiful, it made it easier to see my 'outward beauty'. Then she would probably go off on a tangent about setting us up on a double date with one of her teammates.