Chapter 4

On my way back to the room, my mind started wandering. I started thinking about ways that I could escape this place.

     I was surely underground and even if I got out of the building, I didn't know if I'd be able to make it out of the city. Hell, I didn't even know where I was.

Even so, I had to try. If I stayed here, there was no telling what could happen. At least out there I had a chance.

I decided to look for an exit. If I could escape, I could find my way back to Guren. I could tell him what happened. I could tell them that they're taking hostages instead of killing them. I needed to try.

Walking back down the hallway I came from, I found a set of stairs leading down. I had no idea how high up I was but I decided to chance going down anyway. The stair case was ridiculously long. I walked down for almost five minutes before finally reaching floor level.

Looking around, I made sure no one was around before starting to sprint across the white floor, my boots slapping against its smooth surface, creating a rhythm that only made me run faster.

I had no idea where I was running to but I had to get there fast.

Nobles had inhumanly amazing strengths. They could probably hear me running, but I didn't care. I wouldn't stop. I had to keep running.

I ran and ran down the endless hallway, my breath starting to fail me because of how fast I was running. I ignored it and pushed on.

Soon enough, a door came into view. At the end of the hallway, two doors stood tall and proud, begging to be opened. I ran as fast as my legs could move, pushing my limits and ignoring every muscle in my body screaming at me to stop.

I almost ran straight into the door. Grabbing the silver handle, I started to twist it, when a voice came booming down the hallway behind me.

     "Just where do you think you're going, little lamb?"

     I ignored the voice and twisted the handle until it clicked. I had to try.

     Pushing the door open, I prepared to sprint again, but just as I saw outside come into view, freedom was snatched away from me as I felt two arms snake around my waist and hold me tight.

     I wish I could say it was the playful touch of a lover or the loving touch of a child, but that couldn't be farther from the truth.

     "Did you really think I'd let you escape?" A voice cooed in my ear as the silver haired noble pulled me against his chest.

     Yet again, I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. I was so afraid. I just wanted to go home.

     "P-Please... if you let me go, I won't tell anyone about this..." I desperately tried to reason.

     At this point I swore I could hear him smirking.

"Humans are so fragile. Hearing their pleas and begs is euphoric. Cry out for me (Y/N)."

I stood frozen on the spot. What do I do? Does he really expect me to scream? No, I decided. I won't do anything he tells me to.

"No," I stated, thankfully sounding more confident than I was. "I refuse to give you anything."

With a light chuckle, he grabbed my hand and spun me around to face him, looking me in the eyes. Giving me a gaze I couldn't tear my eyes away from.

"You really think you posses the power to stand up to me?"

I tried to look away but found myself frozen, as if his crimson eyes were my life source and I wasn't allowed to look away.

He knew he had me under his control and with one swift movement, I was swept off my feet, quite literally, and thrown carelessly over the nobles shoulder.

An airy gasp escaped my lips at the quick speed I was swept away and before I knew it, we were walking away.

I watched as the doors behind us closed by themselves, as if sealing my fate.

I was loosing hope that I would ever get out of here. I was in a completely pathetic state and I knew I didn't stand a chance against two nobles. I came to the conclusion that I would probably die here, alone and vulnerable, just as many others had. I'd be a nameless corpse.

I watched my tears fall from my face onto the noble's uniform. Soaking in and turning it's white color a slightly darker grey.

Looking up through blurry tears, I saw a figure following us, quite a ways back but still noticeably following us. Wiping my eyes and looking again, I saw the boy from earlier. His thick blonde hair hung over his eyes, covering them as he trailed silently behind us. I stared for awhile, trying to figure him out.

He didn't belong here, that much I understood. In some way or another, he was different.

I wanted to get a better look at him. I wanted to have a conversation with him. Maybe we're both in the wrong, but either way, I wanted to know more.

In a weird, lovely stranger sort of way, he interested me. Captivated me even.

The predator with the beautiful blue eyes.