Chapter 10

-Reader's P.O.V.-

Applause. Only when everyone around us started clapping did I finally snap out of my trance.

     It felt like I was the princess who was just swept off of my feet. He was so graceful and fluent as if he'd danced this exact dance a hundred times before now.

     He brought his gaze back up to mine and I felt my heart stop. Why did it suddenly feel like I couldn't breathe? Was it everyone clapping for us? Was it me being out of breath from dancing? Or was it those piercing blue eyes?

     I brought my hand up to my heart and felt it beating a bit quicker than normal. It almost hurt.

     Mika then stood up and put his hand around my waist, guiding me away from the middle of the floor where everyone now seemed to be gathering for the next dance. He led me over to a wall where we could see the whole ballroom and he leaned in a bit to whisper.

     "Are you alright? I didn't mean to push your limits," he said gently.

     I felt my face dust over with a warm glow.

     "No! No, it was fine, I'm fine, you're fine, it's good. Everything's... fine," I blubbered out, feeling more embarrassed at my lack of composure than him leaning over me.

     He looked over me for a minute, trying to decide if he should keep questioning me.

     "Okay, if you're fine," he finished, standing up straighter and pulling his eyes away from mine, which I felt myself being a bit torn about.

     Before I could say anything more, the seventh progenitor, Ferid Bathory comes sauntering over to my location and picks up my hand, bringing it up to his cold lips for a kiss.

     I defensively pulled my hand back, earning a smirk from him.

     "You looked lovely out there, dear (y/n)," he complimented before resting his eyes onto Mika, who seemed unbothered by any of this. "You two compliment each other well."

     He looked back at me before I could say anything else.

     "I want you to stay where I can see you tonight. Otherwise, there's just no telling what could happen," he says, almost threateningly.

     I fold my arms defensively but say nothing.

He looks inquisitively between myself and Mika before turning and leaving somewhere back into the cloud of vampires.

I finally let out a breath and just when I thought I was safe again, Mika mutters something like "be right back," and strides off somewhere else, leaving me alone and defenseless.

I start to feel a bit of panic setting in as I push myself farther back into the wall, hoping that nobody would look over here and decide that I looked like a ballroom hors d'oeuvre.

     I decided to walk slowly along the wall of the ballroom, instead of looking like an easy target. I still wasn't getting involved, but I didn't want to be sitting bait anymore.

     I saw many people off in their own groups, some with glasses of something that looked like red wine, others just talking amongst themselves or dancing.

     The Moon Demon Company would have a riot if they saw this happening.

It didn't take long for someone new to find themselves approaching me.

Two vampires, both appearing to be male, made their way over to me. One had purple hair, half up and half down in a ponytail. The other had black hair with a neat design on either side of his head. Both looked like they could've been wearing eyeliner.