Chapter 5

Somewhere along the way back to our room, I had fallen asleep.

...

On the noble.

When I woke up I was laying down on a cold, hard surface. My eyes fluttered open. Scanning the room, my eyes landed on the blonde haired boy in the vampire uniform.

His eyes, blue like the ocean during a storm, but empty as if he had been through a tragedy. Those breathtaking eyes, staring right back at me.

I sat up quickly as my cheeks flushed. Upon my noticing his staring, he looked away.

I looked down to see the dress I had been carrying earlier. The one Ferid had wanted me to change into, but I hadn't. I never changed.

Then how did I get in the dress?

I looked up to the boy that seemed to be paying no attention to me.

     "Hey you," I started, luckily sounding more confident then I felt. In all honesty, being under his gaze made me want to melt.

     He turned his attention back to me. I asked the question itching at my brain.

     "Who... who dressed me?"

     For awhile he said nothing. He just stared at me, as if deciding whether or not to talk at all.

     After what felt like an hour with his eyes locked with mine, he broke the gaze and turned his head muttering the name 'Ferid'. It sounded more like he was confirming his own suspicions rather than mine.

     I felt a blush creeping it's way onto my face as I stood up. That jerk noble that had told me I had no power against him. As much as I hated to admit it, he was right. I didn't stand a chance against anyone here. Not alone.

In the midst of my thoughts, I found myself staring at the boy again. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat and tried to focus on something else, clearly not wanting the attention.

I looked away and noticed a window across the room. Glancing back at him to see if he was watching, I started to walk over to it when I heard him stand up. When I looked over at him, he wasn't there.

Deciding to run, I turned around and almost jumped back as the boy stood in front of me, inches away at best.

"You can't leave." He said simply.

I crossed my arms over my chest and gave him a glare that seemingly did nothing.

"Who are you?"

It had been bothering me since our first encounter. He didn't seem as intimidating as the other vampires but he was definitely mysterious.

He gave me a strange look. Once that was expressionless but full of emotion. I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"Call me Mika."

"Mika..." I breathed the name, not realizing it. He gave me another look. I took that as my cue to change the subject.

"Well Mika," I turned on my heel and started walking the other way, fully aware of his eyes on me.

"Maybe you can tell me something about this place." Once I was a good few feet away from him, I turned around again, folding my hands behind my back, trying my best to look trusting and innocent.

"Those nobles mentioned something about taking hostages. We knew our groups were going missing, but we thought they were being killed."

He stayed silent, listening to every word. I took that as a sign to continue.