Seven

Due to his sudden movement, the vase behind him breaks and he's startled, it gives you the opportunity to run. Without thinking about anything, you run towards the door as fast as you can.

"Hey! You! Wait! You're not getting away that easily." Apparently he's hurt, he can't run properly, you decide to use this as your advantage and kep running. Thanks to your presence of mind, you remembered to take your phone while you ran out. You call Namjoon.

...

...

...

"Fuck! Why isn't he answering!" You decide to try once again. "Oh namjoon for the sake of god just pick up the damn phone."

...

...

...

Ok, he isn't answering, what could be wrong? But this isn't the time to think about it. You see the man catching up with you. You run faster. At this moment, finding a suitable position to hide, will be the best option. You see an old church on your way, careful to not leave any traces, you throw one of your shoe to the other directio and another one slighty farther than the first one. Hopefully this will lead him the other way.

You carefully go inside the church, it's dark and seems like it's been closed since ages... You wander around in the dark.. until someone appears right in front of you! "Aaaaahhhh" you scream, even tho you didn't wanted to.

"Shhh!!"

"Namjoon???"

"Yes, we don't want him knowing we're here"

"WTF NAMJOON I CALLED YOU SO SO MANY TIMES!!! YOU DIDN'T EVEN ANSWER ONCE??

"I was busy trying to track your location!! Don't you understand?? Just keep quiet for now! Please!"

Unable to retort anymore you keep silent and follow him. At this moment, you seem unable to trust anyone. But somehow you just have this feeling that namjoon would never betray you.
Also nothing adds up? Why'd namjoon even betray you? Goddamn he doesn't even know about your past?? You decide to stop thinking so much.

"Shh!" Namjoon motions you to tone down the voice of your footsteps. Him and you look over to the North direction. "I am sure I heard some footsteps in that direction, maybe we should head the other way- south" he whispers.

"Bu- but- south goes deeper into the forest... North will take us out of this church! There's a police station right beside that! Maybe we can ask them for help!"

"Shh! We don't want to alert him, please trust me, let's go this way." This time he looks straight into your eyes. You feel electrified. For some reason, neither of you move, it's as if there is an field around both of you that doesn't let any of you escape. He starts moving closer to you, unable to resist, you do the same. Both of you close your eyes. "Is it finally happening? Am I finally going to kiss The Kim Namjoon?" You think to yourself. Both of you are dangerously close, you feel his breath on your cheeks, he does the same, his cologne hovering over you. Yes, it's finally happening. You're finally going to kiss him. You're ready to melt at the touch of his soft lips... Until
.....

Namjoon abruptly pulls back.

"This isn't the correct time, I am sorry, but I have to confess something to you and it's really important, really really important." His eyes are dead serious. You know it's something really important when he's this serious.

"Okay, let's talk."

"Not here, first we need to get to safety, follow me"

Both of you start heading south. You're not sure if it's just your hallucination or you really saw someone move behind you. You decide to ignore it and hold namjoon's hand with a more tighter grip. St your gesture of trust, he nods in your direction. Once he's sure that you're not being followed, he leads to a lake. It's a beautiful lake, for a moment you almost forget that you're running for your life. Until Namjoon clears his throat. You turn your attention to him.

"I wanted to tell you something really important. I don't know how exactly I should say this, but I really need to."

"Yes, go ahead!"

"I don't know if you remember but we went to the same middle school.."

He was your crush since junior school, how were you supposed to forget this? "Yes, I do remember it actually."

"Okay...so... Um... Look"
He ruffles his hair and scratches the back of his neck.

"Woahh he's really hot. Oh fuck, he's trying to tell you something important and you're fantasising about him??? CONCERNTRATE ON THE MATTER AT HAND." You tell yourself.

"It's just that.. what happened that night.. what happened to ga young... Was because of me..."

"WHAT?" You yell out, "I think I heard something wrong - YOU WHAT?"

"You heard it correctly, it was because of me. Whatever happened that night. Whatever happened to ga young was because of me."

You can't believe it, what does he mean that he was the one that.. that...

~~~
What happened that night? Why're you so devastated over the fact it was namjoon who's responsible for whatever happened to ga young?

Get your answers in the finale.