𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, 𝖺𝖼𝖼𝖾𝗉𝗍𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝗅𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌

★ ★ ★ ┊𝙰𝙲𝙲𝙴𝙿𝚃𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴 𝙻𝙴𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚂!❪☯︎︎❫ ━━━━ ❪ CHPT FOUR ❫

❪☯︎︎❫ ━━━━ ❪ CHPT FOUR ❫

★ ★ ★ ┊𝙰𝙲𝙲𝙴𝙿𝚃𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴 𝙻𝙴𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚂!❪☯︎︎❫ ━━━━ ❪ CHPT FOUR ❫

                A WEEK HAD PASSED SINCE THE UA ENTRANCE EXAMS. Izuku was acting weird, and although that was his default mode, he'd seemed to be acting weirder than usual.

               "Stop smiling at that fish, Zuku." Akane sighed, watching as the green-haired boy snap out of his daze with a mantra of apologies. "Are you okay?" She frowned her eyebrows, taking a bite of her own dinner.

"By my own calculations, I just barely passed the written portion. But my incredible goose egg score in the practical makes it all pointless." Izuku began his muttering before his face hazed over again, and he was once again lost in his thoughts staring at absolute nothingness. Akane was tempted to tap into his mind and figure out what really was happening, but she she went against it, knowing that it would most likely just further agitate the boy.

"The letter... it should come today or tomorrow, right?" Inko broke the silence with her large grin and cheery attitude, knocking both kids out of their thoughts. "Oh your dear old mom thinks it's wonderful that you even tried!"

Akane bit back a frown at that, of course Inko was just trying to be positive and raise Izuku's spirits, but the way it came out, seemed to have done the opposite as Izuku just let out a half-hearted hum.

Izuku moved from the dining table to the couch, instantly beginning to lift his weights while still lost in thought.

Rolling her eyes, Akane began picking at her food with her chopsticks, poking and pushing at the fish on her plate. Since that day in junior high where Bakugo had not so discreetly told Izuku to kill himself, Izuku had been acting odd. But Akane knew it wasn't because of what Bakugo said, sure Bakugo stooped lower than usual, but it wasn't something Akane knew Izuku couldn't handle, something much more was going on, and it seemed like he was keeping it from her.

A faint fsp! could be heard, causing Inko and Akane to turn their heads towards the door. Through the mail slot, two envelopes were slipped in. The woman gasped, tears slowly forming in her waterline as she dove for the letters. She examined them, the fronts had UA High School printed onto it clearly while the back had Izuku Midoriya and Akane Hanamaki written in cursive. The woman let out a cry of joy? (Akane couldn't really tell) and crawled towards her son, extending his letter towards him, "It's here! The letter!"

Izuku snapped out of his daze, eyes widening slightly at the sight of the envelope. He snatched it from his mother's hands and ran into his room, slamming and locking the door disregarding the fact that he shared the room with Akane.

Deciding that her appetite has been ruined, Akane shuffled towards the couch, leaning down slightly to grab onto Inko's forearms to help her up and onto the couch. She took the letter meant for her from her hands and stared at it for a couple seconds before turning her head towards the hall that led to her and Izuku's shared room. She would've liked to open their letters together, but being as he had locked himself in there, it was clear he wanted to do this on his own.

With a sigh, she ripped open the envelope, eyebrows frowning when there was no letter at all. For a second she thought this was UA's cruel way of telling her she hadn't been accepted, until from beside her Inko reached into the envelope and took out a small disk looking thing.

Akane furrowed her eyebrows slightly as she watched Inko examine the small device. The woman hummed as she took notice of the small button on the top of it. She placed it down on the wooden coffee table in front of them and pressed down on the button, both of them jumping slightly as All Might appeared in front of them.

"All Might?" Akane whispered to herself as she reached forward to touch the said face illuminating the room. Being as she wasn't too educated with modern day technology, Akane was totally convinced All Might was hiding in the small disk and had popped out to deliver news to her. However, the look of awe dropped from her face as her hand phased through the makeshift All Might, and that's when he spoke his first sentence.

"This is a projection!" Akane nodded slowly, she didn't completely comprehend what was going on, but she slowly began piecing things together. This wasn't actually All Might in her living room, it was a hologram (she knew what those were curtesy to the Sci-fi books Izuku enjoyed reading to her).

"It's been a while. There's been much to deliberate on. Apologies!" The superhero bowed down as he cleared his throat, though Akane was distracted by the hideous yellow striped suit he was wearing, "I'm in town for one reason only. I've come to teach at UA." Akane shook her head and began paying more attention to what the hero was saying.

"And as your future hero works teacher, I'm here to inform you that you've been accepted into UA!" Akane's stiff shoulders relaxed as Inko began sobbing tears of joy from beside hers, wrapping her arms tightly around her. "This exam you've excelled, receiving both an exceptional amount of villain-based and rescue-based points!" A screen appeared behind All Might, showcasing a short video collage of her moments in the entrance exam. She blushed sheepishly as she watched herself save that black-haired boy, and then swooped in to push a girl out of a robot's way. "Come now, Hanamaki! This will be your hero academy!"

"I'm so proud!" Inko cried louder as the hologram died out slowly.

Akane relaxed her body in Inko's hold, the said woman put her hand on the back of Akane's head and pushed it towards her neck, deepening the hug as she cried herself a river. A muffled 'Thank you' could be heard coming from Akane.

A squeak from a door rang through the house, and the two individuals on the couch turned towards the source of the noise. Izuku staggered out his room, a look of surprise on his face as tears streamed down his face. Assuming the worst, Inko let go of her daughter-like figure and inched toward her son, a couple words of encouragement being whispered from her lips as she opened her arms for a hug.

But as Akane looked into Izuku's wide eyes, she could look past the tears and see an overwhelmingly amount of happiness in them. "Zuku?" Akane said, eyebrows turned downwards though a small smile picked at her lips.

The man of the hour grinned at her widely, arms wrapping securely around his shorter mother, a couple tears seeping from his eyes, "I-I did it." The boy nodded and Akane chuckled once, slowly getting up from the couch, "I made it! I got accepted!" Inko began sobbing all over again, unable to believe what she was hearing.

Akane cheered silently as she ran over to join the hug, her own smile almost rivaling Izuku's. She unwrapped herself from the hug, cupping the boy's freckled cheeks and ignoring the crying lady in his arms. She wiped a couple stray tears away, "I'm so proud of you, Zuku. I knew you could do it."

At that moment, Izuku had decided this was the happiest he has ever (and most likely will ever) feel.

𝐀/𝐍 !!!
thinking of a love interest for
akane, i was pondering on
todoroki just cus but now i'm
kind of thinking about midoriya
as a possible love interest or
maybe i'll add some angst and
make their love one-sided idk
yet........