𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍, 𝖽𝗂𝗌𝖺𝗌𝗍𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗇𝖾𝗋

★ ★ ★ ┊𝙳𝙸𝚂𝙰𝚂𝚃𝚁𝙾𝚄𝚂 𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁!❪☯︎︎❫ ━━━━ ❪ CHPT SEVEN ❫

❪☯︎︎❫ ━━━━ ❪ CHPT SEVEN ❫

                TO SAY THINGS WERE TENSE IN THE MIDORIYA APARTMENT WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT

                TO SAY THINGS WERE TENSE IN THE MIDORIYA APARTMENT WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT. Ever since Akane walked in by herself with a tear-stained cheeks that could easily be mistaken as raindrops since she was dripping head to toe in rain water, Inko knew something was up. The girl had locked herself in the one bathroom and wouldn't come out until hours later when Inko demanded her to come out to eat dinner.

                Now, she sat on the small dining table in between Izuku and Inko, bothered facial expression on her face as she cut up her dinner roughly. "So... How was your first day of school?" Inko smiled, hoping to ease some of the tension in the room, but somehow that one question was the start of a natural disaster.

                "Izuku has a quirk now." Akane clicked her tongue, glaring right at Izuku who had frozen like a deer caught in headlights.

                "What?!" Inko gasped, and if she had water in her mouth at that second, surely she would've spit it out.

                "Oh, yeah!" Izuku chucked nervously, "Yeah... W-well... you see... They say it's a sudden mutation heretofore unexplained by modern medical science, you see..."

                Akane rolled her eyes, stabbing her dinner particularly harder than before while faking a cough, "Liar."

                "What?"

                "You've been lying a lot recently. I'm sure this is one of them." Akane scoffed, returning to cutting up the chicken on her plate.

                "Now, now, Akane-"

                "No, I'd like to hear what she has to say, mom." Izuku smiled, though behind it, it was obvious he was beginning to get ticked off.

                "I'm just saying, you've been acting weird for the longest time." She waved her fork around, "And suddenly you get super ripped and pass the UA entrance exams? But it's all just a sudden mutation, right?" She bit off the piece of chicken from her fork.

                "You know what I think this is about?" Izuku went back to eating his own dinner, not bothering to look at neither his mom nor Akane, "I think you're just mad." He waved his fork around this time, mocking Akane, "I think you're mad because we're not in middle school anymore and I'm finally making my own friends and don't need you babying me all the time."

                "I don't baby you." Akane muttered, "I protect you."

                "Well, I don't need your protection all the time!"

                "Oh? So you want me to apologize for caring for you now?"

                "I'm just saying, it's time to face real world facts, Akane. We're getting older and I'm not gonna need you by my side forever."

                At that Akane scoffed, "So what? You make a couple new friends and suddenly I'm not important to you anymore? Screw you, Izuku" Akane stormed off to their shared room, ignoring the calls from Inko telling her to come sit back down so they can finish their dinner in peace.

                The said woman sighed, looking over at her son who too had stopped eating and was calming himself down. "You need to apologize." She said, though it wasn't just a recommendation of some sort, it was a demand. "Now."

                Biting his cheek, Izuku nodded and walked over to the room's door. Obviously, it was locked.

                "Hey, Akane? Can you open the door please?" The boy drowned out the sound of the sink being turned on since his mother was now doing the dishes. He received no answer and sighed as he placed his forehead on the door, "I'm sorry, Akane. I didn't mean what I said."

                He waited a couple seconds only to receive no answer once again. Until suddenly he looked down and saw a sticky note by his feet. He picked it up, it read in chicken scratch handwriting: Apology not accepted. Sleep on the couch.

                Izuku sighed taking the note to his mom in hopes she'd mediate the fight, but the woman just shrugged and pointed at the couch.

                As he dragged himself towards it, he sighed, wondering if this big secret of his was worth ruining some of his closest relationships.

𝐀/𝐍 !!!
this is a shorter chapter
than the rest lol my bad
but two more arcs until
i finish act one 😈