Paimon & MC || 06

Haven't updated this in a while since I've been spending more time writing velvet café but here's a new chapter!

Which was also requested ^°^

- Gathering food -

"Ah, I'm beat." MC rested their body on the grass and faced the wrath of the scorching sun flame their skin. They lifted their arm up to block the light but any movement was just too much for the overworked body.

"I haven't eaten in ages either because my supply ran out. Nothing to cook, nothing I could even take in raw— I don't even have any berries! I'll just have to trudge my way to the nearest restaurant or suck it up and pick up some goodies along the path." They continued. Paimon just watched their suffering, an idea soon popped into her head.

"Since MC has been good today and didn't threaten to eat me, how about I go gather food for you?" The floating entity was happy to offer her help.

"You sure? That'd be a lot of help then! For now I'm just... Going to rest." MC spared not a single moment to rest their eyes and fall into a deep slumber. Dreaming of a moment with their many crushes from this world they so exist in now.

Meanwhile, Paimon went on her way with a little basket in her hand, taking a few baskets and mushrooms that she found along the path.

After minutes of absentmindedly gathering them, she smelled the wafting scent of meat being cooked and began to follow it. The scent beckoned her to start feeling the same hunger MC did.

"Something smells very yummy." She came to a stop when the scent was at it's strongest. She looked to see a pot still heated up, and hillichurls chowing down on the food they cooked.

"Uh oh." Paimon backed away. Disappointed to see that the delicious smell had come from food being cooked by hillichurls. Yet relieved they were only hillichurls.

Before she could turn and take her leave, a very familiar robotic sound came from behind her. It wasn't a sound she'd want to hear most especially if she was alone.

"R-ruin guard!" She gasped.

The ruin guard raised it's foot, and stomped against the ground with immense power. The brutality of the stomp sent her flying away although she was already floating to begin with.

All the gathered berries and mushrooms flew to the ground along with the basket, getting squashed by another stomp from the ruin guard.

It was but another mission failed for the once hopeful Paimon.

"Oh no oh no, MC is going to eat me for real this time!" She panicked while making her way back to the knight still in slumber.