Chapter twenty-three: Setbacks and Dimes

Caroline's POV

"And.....time." Louie remarks as Dewey grunts to finish having a world record. It was really fast I'll admit it. I mean I beat Gym Leaders in record time sometimes I swear. Dewey flopped to the ground as I rolled on the bed next to Louie to where my face was in the sheets. "Did I do it? Did I break the world record for doing slash-folding laundry?" Dewey wonders, getting up. "According to this very real almanac record book you...missed the record by two seconds." Louie informs him, glancing at the watch in his wing. Dewey groans. "Aww man! I'm never gonna get a world record in anything." I rolled over onto my back just then. "On the bright side you're faster than what I would do. I'd just end up being slow." I remarked, in a suspicious attempt to cheer him up. Or that's what Dewey's gaze told me. He was gazing at me like I just broke the world. "Why are you suddenly being nice to me?" He asks. I shrug. I'm not telling him Beakley and I had a chat about how I act with my friends and such. I know I'm such a jerk. I don't really deserve anything to be honest. "Hey, winning the world record in literally anything is your dream, and I will always be there to support that dream with piles of dirty clothes." Louie soothes him, handing him some dirty clothes. Yeah he's doing this to spite Dewey. I would tell him, but that'd probably mess something up. Then again my whole existence here is probably messing this world up.

Dewey started to tear up. "Oh!" He then ran away to go Louie's bidding. Huey was watching us with folded arms. I was just trying to be nice to Dewey for once. "Hi, Huey!" I greeted, bouncing off the bed and tumbling to the floor in my excitement to see Huey. "Hi, Caroline. Where's Katie?" He asked me. "She's with Webby today. She wants to hang with her and Lena alone, so I let her do what she wants. Anyways I'm here hanging with my buddy Louie." I explained before quickly jumping up like a mad lad and hugging Huey and then Louie. Huey then glared at Louie and the conversation continued. "What?" Louie asked his brother as Morrison walked in the room. Morrison's darker blue eyes were half lidded as he waved at me silently. I waved back and he set his gaze up Louie and Huey before leaving the room to wait to hang with me. "Do you realize how mad Dewey will be when he finds out you've been taking advantage of him?" Huey asked.

Louie showed a ripped up hoodie. "Do you realize Dewey ruined my favorite hoodie in the wash? So who's the real victim here?" Louie wonders. "You know it's not nice to take advantage of someone like that." I remarked. "You're one to talk." Louie remarked. I put a hand on my chest. "I'm a changed woman, Louie." I commented. Louie rolled his eyes. "You might be nicer to us, but that doesn't mean you're completely changed. You still act in certain ways." He informed me. I smiled slyly. "Oh you mean like this?" I questioned before I took my hand away from my chest and took my other one as well, placing them both on Louie's head and started to play them like drums. I then sang a bit of a song.

"We are all different, baby
But that's what I like
We're separate but we're together
Like stars in the sky
We got a good thing going on
Yeah, nobody has to feel alone
Oh, yeah"

I let out a slightly evil giggle and bounced around even more after playing Louie's head drum. Louie snorted at my actions and walked over towards the closet. Huey ran in front of him suspiciously. "Hey! No problem. How 'bout I darn it and rewash it for you Kay? Bye." Huey rambled a bit before opening the door and shutting it. Morrison took that time to show up, his tail twitching slightly. Louie began to think as I looked at him. "Yeah he's hiding something." Morrison snorted. "He can't keep a secret at all." He remarked before I gave a shrug. He can. He just isn't good at hiding this one.

Katie's POV

I was hanging out with Lena and Webby. I wasn't really listening to Webby'd history lesson on the McDuck's, though. I was thinking about something else. What could be plaguing my mind one might ask. Just the events that will play out today. Plus history is boring who'd enjoy that stuff?
Well, Caroline and Huey might. But that's not really my thing. I was seated next to a bored and exasperated Lena. Yeah it's boring listening to Webby talk about history. But it's fun having someone here who's just as bored as I am. Lena groans and her shadow moves as Magica began talking to her. I don't really want to bother listening to that either. All I really heard was the dime was in a bin. Great. Another bin. The last bin Caroline and Dewey got eaten by a shark and it was all up to me.