Chapter nine: In the Eyes of a Believer

I was sinking. Most everyone screamed as we sank. Eventually I was covered in sand and couldn't see anyone else. After a minute at least of thinking I was going to go down like Flametail, surrounded by the darkness, I was pulled up. I gasped for air. The others were coughing because they screamed while sinking in the quicksand.

" The light!" I say. " I felt like Nezcroma down there!" I exclaimed. " And that's why you don't scream while sinking in quicksand." Webby lectures us proudly. Louie coughs before replying.  " Webby, please don't tell me how to die." He exaggerates. " Oh, so then do you want me to tell you how to die?" I asked him, laughing evilly to myself.

" Sure." He says, not noticing the 'cut it out' motions by Dewey and Huey, who were still coughing violently. " Well, find a haunted demon mother toy, while holding a very loud child toy. Then she jumps at you and kills you." I say proudly and loudly. " That's very specific." Louie says.

Then I say, " Watch this video on how." I say. Then laugh when he screams after seeing it and hiding behind me like a wimp. That's the longest any of them ever watched the video. I showed it to Huey and he hid behind me when the power in the room in the video went out. Dewey screamed and ran away when he saw the red eyes.

It was a girl scream. Hehe. " Why would you show me that?" He whimpered. " Oh shut up. At least you didn't freak out when the power went out. Huey made the record for the  most scared." I laughed. " You're mean sometimes." Huey says. " Sorry. It was funny." I say. " It was not!" He says. " You screamed and hid behind me saying, ' it's coming!' Way before it came, may I add." I laughed.

" At least I didn't scream till later." Dewey sighs. " Oh I remember you screaming and running to Katie." I say laughing. " Sometimes I wonder why you do that." Dewey says. " Trust me, none of your reactions are as funny as the guys." I said. " Who?" Louie asked. " Parker." I say. " Is he your boyfriend?" Scrooge asked, confused. " No. Chase Davenport is my boyfriend. He's just the guy who plays the games and makes me laugh at him." I say.

" Don't worry. I've read all about the ancient pyramids. I'll show you the ins and outs." Webby said. " Would love to see the outs." Louie says, still gagging. Scrooge laughs. " I was right!" He exclaims. " The tomb of Toth-Ra, Bringer of the Sun, I've been searching for decades and-" Scrooge tells us, before being interrupted by Launchpad eating a burrito.

I like the light Scrooge is holding. " Launchpad!" Scrooge exclaims. " Mm. So you want a bite?" Launchpad asked him. Scrooge took the burrito. He's probably not getting that back. " This is the last of the lost pyramids. Show some respect." Scrooge told him. Launchpad had another one and took it out and took a bite. " Sorry, Mr. McD. " Launchpad apologized through a full mouth.

I walked to join Huey. Not because I was afraid of the dark. Nope. Not scared. At all. " Oh, man! What if there's a whole army of mummies down here?" Dewey said happily. " Unlikely." Huey told him. " Mummification was an expensive process meant for royalty." Huey explained. " It's be rare for more than one mummy-" Huey said, disappointing Dewey.

" Toth-Ra was pretty rich. I bet he had at least six." Huey told him. " Rich? What are we talking about? Jewels, antiquities, what?" Louie asked. He just pops up whenever he hears about treasure. " Pharaohs from this period were typically entombed with treasure, servants, jars full of vital organs." Huey told him. At the words 'vital organs' Louie frowned, horrified.

" Ignoring all the bad parts." He says, running. " See you in the treasure room." He calls back to us. I shake my head. " Wee!" He exclaims, as he skids across the sandy floor. Scrooge puts out his cane to stop Louie. " Careful!" He told him. Then he pushed his cane against the wall(?), I'm just guessing here. There was nothing there. " That was pretty anti-climatic." Dewey said to Scrooge. Three, two- my count down got cut off from my head as soon as the sand floor gave way. My heart almost jumped out of my throat. Not again. Though now isn't the best time to say that phrase.