Chapter fifteen: The son of the Firestar look-alike

There's nothing better than hanging out with your family. That is, if they hang out with you. I'm really bored today. Maybe I should bug Huey or something. He usually has time for me. I was told not to bug Scrooge today, so I'll stay out of his feathers. I approached the triplet's room. I knocked on the door. Huey opens the door, and looks at me surprised. " I'm sorry, Caroline. I can't play with you today. Important Woodchuck stuff you know. Why don't you play with Louie." He suggests as he shooed me out of there.

He shuts the door. What?! He can't play today? Well, I'm bored. I'm not taking his advise though. I tried to find Webby. She was busy too! There goes that option. I also went to Katie and Dewey, but Dewey threw a rock at me. How that rock got inside I had no idea. I sighed. Maybe Louie will play with me. That sounds like a horrible idea. Louie's just a dumb flirt.

I search for the triplet. Funny thing was I didn't start in the most obvious place. I peeked into the living room. " Do you want to play?" I asked him. " Was I your literal last option?" He questions me. " No. I asked Katie, Webby, and Huey, though." I tell him. He shakes his head. " I don't want to play with you, Caroline. Go play with your real friend." He tells me. That wasn't necessary. He should have just said no. He sounded mad at me. What'd I do to- Oh that? That was funny! Or was it that other thing? Do I really abuse Louie?

I left the Living Room. I have no one to play with. Webby's continuing her research, Huey's trying to attempt to be a perfectionist, Dewey and Katie are hanging out like they always do. It's annoying! They don't care about me! They care about something that's stupid- Kind of like I do. I realized as I sighed. Shiny hunting sounds good, I thought.

But is that as good as family? I asked myself. I walked into the kitchen. Surely I can get someone to hang out with me, I thought as Beakley patted me on the back as I sat down sadly. " What's wrong, dear?" She questions me, handing me a fresh chocolate cookie. " The triplets and Webby are busy, or are just being plain mean." I remarked. She sighs, " Maybe you should ask Gyro if he needs any help. If not, you can always go outside and find new friends, branch out." She advises.

I stand up. Confidence returning. " Maybe I'll do one of those things." I say. She seems to smile as I race off. I peek back through the door. " I can go outside, right?" I asked her, mouth full of cookie. I might be girl, but I certainly don't act like one. It's one of my many great skills. Probably. " Of course, dear. Go ahead." She permits me. I snuck around outside. I went behind a tree as if I was being followed. What? Can't a girl ever pretend like she's Finn Mc. Missile?

I took out my phone. I began to type on it

Caroline: Question: Do you happen to need any help at your labs or whatever they're called?

Gyro: No, Caroline. I don't need any help. Plus the intern isn't here, so there's no need for you to come over. Even then, you should stop coming over! I don't like seeing your face! Just being honest. Please don't tell Mr. McDuck about that. He might fire me.

Caroline: Oh. Well see you when you do need me.

I sighed as I put my head down. Nobody is available today. I get Gyro, but what the heck. Can't I just- wait! I can be Webby and find a friend myself. A brand new friend! Who needs Huey or Louie or anyone? I can find a friend on my own. I stand up. That's it. I'm gonna make a friend and I won't take no for an answer. I start walking out of the mansion's yard. I slipped past the gate with a smile. I sneak around the place as if I am on a secret mission.

I am so gonna be dead when I get back, but oh well. No time to lose, better get my Jedi face on and pretend like this is a Jedi worthy mission, even though it isn't. I tiptoe around Duckburg. If I'm ever seen by Ma Beagle or anyone like her, I could be in big trouble. It doesn't matter anyways. I can take care of myself I have a light-uhhhh a glow stick. Yeah. A powerful glow stick that can be useful for blinding people. Not a lightsaber that can cut people in half and help me protect myself and my family. No way! I haven't been harboring a lightsaber! No way!