Chapter eleven: Ain't no Mountain we can't Climb

I was busy trying to swiftly find a shiny I've been searching for...for uhh...a long while. Let's go with that. I was trying hard to ignore everyone, but it was kind of hard with Huey glaring over my back. It better be at the shiny because if he's mad at me I want to jump off the plane. Seriously, when Huey is mad at me that is the worst thing ever. Besides accidentally soft resetting a shiny legendary. So many nightmares. Terrible it is to lose a shiny at all.

Instantly, Huey shut my 3ds. Which that surprised me. And by that I mean it scared the crap out of me when he did that. " Listen." He told me. " To Launchpad singing?" I asked. " No." He laughed. Did he think what I said was funny? It wasn't that funny. " We're almost at our destination. You need to turn that off." He told me. " Good to know. Is the destination a place where we can get a taser? Because that would be nice when Louie acts crazy." I commented. Louie seemed out of it. Probably because he was still pissed that we had to go on an adventure during Christmas. I'm fine with whatever. The plane jerked as it crashed.

I flinched a little and Launchpad seemed to disappear after the plane crashed. I put my 3ds in my pocket. I stood up from where I was sitting. " Mount Neverrest, the highest peak in the world! Most prized of the seven summits, Neverrest has claimed the world's finest explorers. It is said to be completely unclimbable! But now that smug stack of stalagmites has to deal with Scrooge McDuck!" Scrooge proclaims. " Okay, so instead of spending Christmas in a billionaire's mansion siting for Santa Claus-" Louie began, angrily. I don't know why you could ever be mad about something so stupid like that. I guess only really, really, really, really, really, really greedy. I could keep saying really forever. He's way too greedy.

" That man is not allowed in my home. He knows what he did." Scrooge told us. " Did he put you on the naughty list?" I asked him bravely. Scrooge glared at me. " That is none of your business, lass." He told me, folding his arms. So he was put on the naughty list. Well, it does make sense. " We're following an old man up Mount Certain Doom here?" Louie asked. Man he sure is grumpy. Huey popped up excitedly in front of Louie. " Oh, Mount Nevverest is three times deadlier than Mount Certain Doom." Huey smartly said.

" The mountain's summit remains shrouded in mystery. No ones ever seen the top, which makes it the perfect place to earn my Junior Woodchuck Cartography Badge!" Huey bragged, waving it in Louie's face. " Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a topographical landscape that hasn't already been mapped?" Huey asked him. Louie raised an eyebrow. " No?" He questioned. " Well, very!" Huey replied, rifling through his backpack to find somethings and took them out. " I've got a geographic information system, satellite radar detector, thermal-" Huey began listing. " Yeah, you don't need all that fancy doohickery. All you need is your wits, determination, and these," Scrooge said, showing us some really weird stuff. I've never climbed up a mountain before so I have no idea what that is.

" My old surveying tools." He told us. Huey investigated the metal contraption and touches it slightly. " Wow! They're rusty with the wisdom of experience." Huey breathed. He holds it. I snorted. More like rusty from water. " That's the spirit!" Scrooge praised. " I'm gonna be the first person to  set foot on the top of Neverrest!" He said proudly. " And I'm gonna be the first person to draw a picture of it!" Huey cheered. " Ugh!" I heard. I turned around. Launchpad cleared the door window of the breath we created while mid flight.

" This is your captain speaking. Flight doors are now open." Launchpad told us. Well, at least he knows what a pilot says. He opened the door for us. How thoughtful. We walked outside. Happy faces mostly around. " Ah! Drink it in, kids." Scrooge told us in pleasure. " Her deadly peaks, her bottomless crevasses, her flawless sheets of brilliant white snow betray a new hint of the ancient secrets hidden beneath, completely untrodden by man! The untamed majesty of Mount Neverrest!"  Scrooge told us. We stopped and there was a surprised look on Scrooge's face.