Chapter two: Keep saving me

" Now remember, bed time is 9:00. And no sugar after 7:00, especially with Caroline she easily goes on sugar rushes." I heard Donald say over the phone. " That's embarrassing." I groaned. " Hey, on the bright side at least he didn't mention the time you sunk the boat when on one." Louie said, before covering his mouth. " Oops." He pretended to be sorry that let out. " Dude, I've already had enough embarrassment from Donald! You don't need to make me seem worse than you." I said. " I'm hurt because you actually think I'm worse than you." Louie commented, with a smirk.

" Ugh. Dude you're way worse than I am. The only thing I've ever stolen is stuff from a Kecleon, and he beat the shit out of me when I did. And I wasn't even stealing on some of the those occasions I was trying to actually buy! Why the heck do Kecleon have to be level 99!" I shouted. " Calm down. You're going to kill my ears." Louie said, trying to put his hand on my shoulder, but I shoved him away from me. " You're a jerk." I said.

" What did I do?! I just said you're about as bad as I am." Louie whined. " Oh hush up before you say something you'll regret." I said. " But-" Louie began. " Don't say anything." I said. I kept listening. Nothing. Scrooge must be done talking to Donald. Suddenly my webbed feet got wet. " Talk to your uncle." Scrooge tossed a his phone to Louie as Dewey yelled Whoo-hoo when he ran past us in excitement.

Louie put the phone to his ear and began to talk to his uncle like Scrooge had told him to. " Hey, Uncle Donald. Nope, yeah, pretty boring. We napped, rubbed ointment on our joints, old people stuff." Louie said. " Oh, what about the dragon? And the plane crash? And-"Webby asked him really confused. " Whoops, 3:00 pm. Time for dinner. Bye!" Louie said as he hung it up.

" Why didn't you tell him the truth?" Webby asked him. " You didn't tell your grandma we were going to a dangerous underwater city, did you?" Louie asked Webby. " I kinda sorta didn't tell her anything." Webby said sheepishly. " Webby, that's irresponsible! She'll be worried sick! Call your grandma this instant and tell her that you are spending the night at a friend's house, okay? Lying: it's the responsible thing to do." Louie said. " Is that your new motto?" I teased Louie.

" Nope!" He said, sticking his tongue out at me. " It should be it sounds like one." I commented. I raced to sit down as the sub was in motion. " Launchpad, have you ever piloted a sub before?" Scrooge asked when he looked over at the controllers. " I sunk a helicopter in a wave pool once. Same thing?" Launchpad commented. " I've done more with less." Was all Scrooge said. I snickered at that comment. " No matter, I'm back! Uncharted territory. Bold new discoveries!" Scrooge said with excitement. It was enough to make me go on a sugar rush right there.

I could tell my eyes were shining with excitement because Louie was telling me not to go on a sugar rush. " Hello, Bingo!" Huey interrupted him with excitement in his eyes. " I love road trips!" Huey said smiling widely. " I've got snacks, a playlist of traditional sea chanties, matching family road trip shirts!" Huey exclaims as he jumps and puts a shirt on Scrooge.

" I appreciate the enthusiasm, but there's no time." Scrooge told him as he took off the shirt and threw it at Launchpad. " But according to the travel itinerary-" Huey began taking out an itinerary. " Boo!" Dewey said, popping out from another seat and grabbed the itinerary from Huey's hands and ripped it to shreds. " Adventure isn't about plannin, it's about doing!" Dewey said. " Actually-" I began before Louie put a hand over my mouth. I gave him a glare.

" You're giving me that ' I will lick your hand' look again." Louie giggled. I pushed him away. " Stop acting like you're Ruby."  I flashed, running to be near Dewey. For some odd reason Louie looked like he was briefly crushed before shrugging. " So, what can I be in charge of?" Dewey asked, excited. " What about me?! Can I be in charge of something?!" I shouted jumping up and down.