Chapter 17: Embrace

So... It's been a while guys. Honestly, I have no excuses. But I will try and make it up to you with this longish chapter! Also, please read the notes at the end because their important (mostly).

[Warning] Swearing (just a little bit) and more clues! (Although I will tie up a loose end in this chapter)

"You and I both know you hate it here."

Her eyes twitched.

"Open your eyes Ladybug."

She whimpered.

"Don't fear me. Embrace me."

Her eyes remained shut.

"Just tell them the truth. Then you can go."

She snorted.

"See? You agree with me."

Her eyelids finally lifted themselves. She stared.

"How does it feel Ladybug? Wielder of creation...how does it feel when you embrace the darkness?"

Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Don't look at me like that. You know what I'm talking about. We both know what happened that night. Liar."

Her mouth twitched.

"Try as you might, you can't mask your intentions."

She stared.

"How do you think the birds are going to feel when they find out why you're really here?"

She opened her mouth to speak but croaked as the air from her lungs was stolen.

"Tut tut, Ladybug. You and I both know who's really in control here."

She gasped as her eyes were squeezed shut against their will before wrenching open to the sight of the ceiling of the room she was currently residing in.

"It's just a dream." She'd been repeating that mantra in her head ever since the dreams began.

She stood up from the bundle of cushions and pillows she'd placed on the floor and stretched. Her half eaten turnover fell with a thump.

She shivered and scurried to shut the window. It refused to budge before it shut with a thud.

She ran a hand through her hair; her fingers getting entangled in her messy locks.

She shoved them out sighing at the knot that had formed. It would take hours to brush that out.

She frowned at the sudden need for the bathroom. This what the third time since - she glanced at the clock but shut her eyes again before opening them once more and rubbing them.

She blinked a few more times attempting to read the numbers, before muttering under her breath and turning to face the discarded pieces of paper she'd left on the bed.

She huffed impatiently glancing at each failure of an idea, each one only winding her up even more.

"I hate you."

-&-

Ever since Marinette's panic attack earlier that morning, his mind had been racing as he attempted to come up with a possible diagnosis. Put the pieces together and crack the puzzle.

At first, he'd been interested in this mysterious woman who'd come out of nowhere. Then he'd been annoyed. After seeing her so vulnerable, he'd started paying more attention to her, albeit hiding his intentions under a mask of distance. And then he'd gotten angry. Because this was one of those annoying moments where he didn't have the answer.