Chapter 6: Deaths and Realisations

Blood.

Marinette gasped as she watched the blood drop from his hand.

Glass.

Her gaze then caught a glint as the rising sun made its way in through the window and caught on a piece of glass that soon turned to many; they looked so beautiful, like crystals. But deadly.

A broken bottle.

Her ears ringed and her head throbbed as she took in the bottle in his hand.

Her parents.

Their screams were tattooed in her ears as she heard them over and over again before all went silent and all that could be heard was her whimpering and his uneven breathing as he looked at the mess he'd just made on their kitchen floor.

Adrien.

"A-A-Adrien?" her voice almost a whisper as she looked at the young man in font of her.

"Shut up Marinette."

"Adrien?" her voice more frantic.

"I said shut up Marinette!" his voice wavering.

"A-Adrien. W-W-" her voice cracked as hot tears began to spill down her eyes, "What did you do!"

He turned his head and took a step towards her only for her to take an even larger one back. Her eyes wandered around from him to the adults laying on the floor and then to the broken bottle in his hand. Then he dropped it, the noise echoing through the room.

She didn't know what just happened but at the same time, she knew. Her senses were working but were working separately. She couldn't- didn't want to know what just happened but she couldn't bring herself to even think that this was all a dream.

"M-M-Mama." She took a step towards the adults. "P-P-P-Pa-" her voice croaked. "A-A-A-" she couldn't even form a proper word.

Meanwhile, Adrien was having a mini panic attack himself. His gaze went from his bloody hand to the bottle that was rolling away and then to Marinette. He ran a hand through his hair and then looked back towards the adults, their faces oozing with the red liquid and their arms and legs in almost impossible positions.

Then she screamed.

So much blood.

So. Much. Blood.

-&-

"Are you okay Marinette?"

The memory in her head was cut off by Tikki's voice.

"They shouldn't be compatible." she whispered then directed her gaze towards Tikki, "You told me that the miraculous jewels always choose right. So why is it that Damian seems so compatible with Plagg when Adrien-"

"Marinette" Tikki cut in, "At the time, the miraculous chose right, however it seems that now, it has chosen another wielder. A better one."

"But. But Adrien isn't dead yet. I can still feel his life energy. I saw him!"

"Marinette. " it was now plagg that spoke, "Death doesn't choose whether or not a wielder's job is over, the miraculous does."

"But-But why Damian?"

"I can feel it Mari, he's perfect. Adrian was a good wielder and I hate to say it, but I did have quite a soft spot for him. But he turned against you. The ladybug and black cat are like yin and yang. If one drops, the other does too. He's dropped and I don't want the same to happen to you. So I cut our ties. Adrien is no longer a black cat and I'm not the only one that agrees. I can feel it, the big guy agrees with me too."

"The big guy?"

"The one who created the miraculous. The creator of all. Us miraculi are pieces of His ultimate weapon and when joined together, we-"

"Plagg." Tikki warned .

"Ah, sorry, I can't say anymore let's leave it at that."

"Wait what do you mean pieces of His ultim-"

"Marinette, the point is that Adrien is bad and Damian is good. End of conversation. Now, to bed good night!"

Marinette glared at the kwamis before huffing and turning her lamp off. "Whatever."

-&-

"Tikki we have to tell her."

"No."

"She's losing trust in us! Besides she's going to find out someday! You heard her, she can feel his life energy!"

"No! She's been through so much. Telling her would only break her more. She's safe here. With them."

"Tikki, you know it too. The real reason I broke my ties with Adrien. You know that she's not safe."

Tikki sighed. "We can't talk about this now. The only thing we can do at this point is support her and the child. We have to protect the child. He's coming to get him!"

Plagg's face lit up, "It's a he?!"

Tikki rolled her eyes, "It's pretty obvious. Can't you sense it?"

Now that she mentioned it, he could. Plagg loved males! He didn't have anything against she-males - or whatever humans called them - but most of his previous cat wielders had been women and he'd almost cried out in joy when he'd gotten Adrien, a boy. Boys were so much easier for him to control; girls were too attentive.

Tikki watched the gears spin around in Plagg's head and chuckled as she watched him light up. He was so adorable.

Sorry for the short chapter, I just wanted to upload today.