Chapter 2: Her Secret

"I heard Baby bird has a girlfriend." Jason sneered as he entered the room.
Damian sat cross-legged on the couch as he watched the news and growled at Jason's remark.
"She has a boyfriend."
"You didn't deny it."
"Shut up Jason."
"Is that how you're supposed to talk to your elder brother."
"Shut up. Jason"
Dick came barging through the door, "Demon spawn has a girlfriend?! I bet she calls you Damibe-"
"SHUT THE HELL UP!"

His brothers were really pissing him off. He jumped off the chair and made his way through the door. The last thing he heard was "I bet he's going to see her." and sniggering followed.

"You know what. I just might." he thought.

"Wait!" Jason called from behind, "I just remembered, Father mentioned us having a sort of appointment at a boutique."

-&-

Today really was Marinette's lucky day. After the night before, she'd poked around the hotel room for anything to wear and found some spare clothing. Lucky her! Then when she went to a nearby boutique to get a few jobs with the money she had left from what the hero gave her, she pointed out some mishaps and recommendations to the manager and before she knew it, she'd gotten a job. Moreover, the manager was actually a pretty cool woman.

"Marinette, we're going to have some important customers around 2. You can help me with their measurements."

"Yes Ma'am."

-&-

2pm came and so did the customers.

"I'll tell you one more time. I do not and will NEVER want to wear a pink suit!"

"Yeah yeah, whatever Baby bird."

They five men walked into the small boutique and sat by the mirrors followed by who seemed to be their butler. As she walked past to inform the manager of their arrival, she locked eyes with who seemed to be the youngest of the four brothers. For a moment, she thought she could see the slightest bit of recognition from the boy, however, as soon as it appeared, it was gone and he carried on arguing with his brother.

-&-

She'd just finished taking the measurements for 4 of the men and was now onto the fifth, the boy named Damian. "Waist, chest, arm length..." She wrote down the measurements and as soon as she was done, handed them over to the manager and was out the door in a hurry. She couldn't stand to be any closer to them. Not in a rude way, being near the opposite gender just brought up memories.

"So that's the girl." Tim muttered. When Damian gave him a questioning look, he continued with a grin, "Don't try and hide it Demon spawn, you were staring at her the whole time." When Damian's growl confirmed his suspicions, Jason laughed from the other side of the limo and said, "Maybe Redhood's gonna have to pay her a visit tonight."

"Don't you dare."

"Aww, is Demon spawn standing up for his girlfriend?"

"Shut up Dick."

It was Bruce's deep voice that silenced them. "Actually, we're all paying her a visit."

The boys all looked at their father. Tim was the first to speak, "Don't tell me-"

"I'm adopting her."

Damian's eye twitched.

"But she's Baby bird's girlfriend, if you adopted her-"

"SHE IS NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!"

"Then that settles that," Alfred opened the door and indicated that they were home, "I will go and retrieve her tonight."

-&-

She stared at the men in front of her and they stared back. How did she get here again? Oh yeah on her way to the hotel, a car pulled up by her side and she was told that Bruce Wayne had adopted her. At first, she found all this too ridiculous and suspicious and so asked for proof and then the old butler had shoved a document in her hands. It all seemed legit but still too weird. Then again, she'd done her research after she'd met them at the boutique and found that Bruce was prone to adopt dark haired kids.