Chapter 16: Surprise

Hey guys! Sorry, it's been so long. I just finished the season 4 of Riverdale and am so excited for season 5! Anyway, I was watching Riverdale when I got this wicked exciting idea on how to change and improve this story. I've been struggling with the darn writer's curse known as 'Writers block' for a while. I'd started writing this chapter a while ago, but ran out of ideas on how to move it along in a good flow and finish it. Riverdale gave me a new insight on certain things and so the genre of this book has been changed. Hope you like this chapter.

And...can you guess the new genre? 

The woman stepped closer and closer. The smirk on her face grew as she replayed the day's earlier events in her head. This man would pay. He'd messed with the wrong people. 

Made promises he couldn't keep.

Stupid Agrestes. So naive. It was time they learned how the real world worked.

Her heels scratched against the cement coming to a stop outside the main entrance. 

She leaned her neck to the side shivering in glee at the addicting crack it made. She'd worn her best and sharpest heels today. Normally, she'd want to surprise them.

But not today.

Today, she was gonna go right up in their faces. She wanted to be heard today. But she wasn't going to be too loud. She brushed her hair aside and pressed the bell smirking at the camera that came out. The click of the gate was heard almost immediately.

Good.

She'd been heard.

They knew she wasn't here just for business. 

She almost giggled in sickening euphoria when the man known as 'Gorilla' practically jumped aside allowing her entry into their twisted home.

She could barely help herself when she came face to face with a painting she knew all too well. Mrs Goody-Two-Shoes Agreste. And so she said the words she lived for as her face morphed into utter disgust before it changed to something akin to longing and finally back to a smirk - although this time less snarky. Looking at a woman who was now but a memory she wanted to shove into the deepest of depths of the enigma of a mind she had...it brought up feelings she hated. Her eyes narrowed. "Surprise."

-&-

He watched her as she sat down on the armchair he'd always reserved for..special..guests. Her leeching eyes scanned him from top to bottom before finally meeting his with that burning cold stare she always reserved for..special..occasions. 

Then she smiled. Her skin shedding of the evil cloak and putting it aside for later use.

He waited for her to make the first move. 

And so she did.

"You know the story of Thor and the Giants of Jotunheim."

His eyes narrowed and his foot tapped impatiently, though quietly. He remained silent waiting for her to continue.

Her smile broadened satisfied with his silent answer. "The test."

The clock on the wall ticked. And ticked. And ticked.

She wasn't normally one to dwell too long on one thing or drag it on like this. Her words were either very blunt or very vague. But today...

"Thor was quite the boastful spirit. His boastful, arrogant nature was both his flaw and his greatest strength. He challenged the giants. Not knowing that they were in fact challenging him."

She shuffled in the armchair becoming more comfortable. "Testing him. Testing his strength. Thor's flaw was his constant self-praise. The thought that only he was able to wield the hammer. Because of this flaw, he fell into the sweet, honey taste of mead where his strength was tested by his greatest enemies. Not knowing as they watched with glee from the sidelines. Brushed his ego."