Chapter 5: Nicknames and Overprotective Waynes

"I swear Marinette, if your ass and that chair do not form a connection, I will personally tie you to it!"

"Jeez, chill Jason. I was just getting the remote."

"Well what if you tripped over whilst getting it, or twisted your ankle! The baby Mari! Think about the baby!"

Marinette rolled her eyes as she sat back on the couch. After they'd discovered she was pregnant, they'd started watching her 24/7 and catering to her every need. A normal person would love all the attention they were receiving, however she just felt plain guilty.

Tim chuckled as he entered the room and handed her the remote sitting on the coffee table.

"Thanks."

"He's just looking out for you in his own way."

"I know. But-" she paused, "But don't you think that you guys are worrying just a bit too much?" she clicked on a channel then moved her gaze to Tim's. "I mean, I can take care of myself. You don't have to treat me like I'm some..some Goddess."

"We know. It's just," he sighed, "We're not really good with kids. Heck, the youngest kid I've ever taken care of is Damian and when we first met him, he acted like he was twice his age!"

Marinette giggled; that sounded like Damian alright.

"We just don't want to see you get hurt."

She nodded. They were so sweet that it made her heart swell. After the suffering she'd gone through with Adrien, she finally felt at peace here. They accepted her. The last time she'd felt this was with Luka. Speaking off, how was he? And Alya too. And Nino. She hadn't contacted them since she'd run away. They were probably worried sick thinking that she was dead in a ditch somewhere.

"Marinette?"

She was broken out of her stupor by the sound of another deep voice. She turned her head to be met with the sight of Damian watching her, worry in his eyes. When had he gotten here?

"U-um." He continued, "I just wanted to apologise for what I did. I-"

"It's okay. I'd feel pretty aggravated too if a person I had to live with was ignoring me."

He smiled but quickly retracted it the moment he remembered who else was in the room. But it was too late.

Tim gasped and Jason shot out of his seat. Were their eyes playing tricks on them? Did the impossible just become possible? Did Damian Wayne just smile???

"Oh. My-" Tim began only to be interrupted.

"No fucking way!" Jason exclaimed, "Marinette, you have no idea what you've just done!"

Damian grumbled and watched the pair. Drama Kings much?

Marinette chuckled awkwardly.

"I thought I would never live to see this day!" Jason grinned. "DRAKE! PLEASE TELL ME YOU GOT THAT ON CAMERA!"

"I-I." Tim eyed his phone on the coffee table, "Shit!"

"What's going on in here?" Dick entered the room sweating after he'd just come back from a run.

"Marinette just made Damian smile!" Tim screamed at his brother.

A loud thud was heard as Dick's water bottle crashed onto the floor. He groaned. He'd just missed something he would probably never live to see again! Unless..

"Marinette, whatever you just did, do it again!"

"Uh-Um." Marinette looked at Dick then back to Damian, "I'd feel pretty aggravated too if a person I had to live with was ignoring me?" A sweat rolled down her cheek and Damian only frowned. He wasn't going to fall for such a petty trick.