Chapter 7: Plagg, meet Alfred

Let's take a break from all the drama and angst for a while in this sweet, short chapter.

Plagg yawned as he awoke from his slumber, the light from the window burning his petite figure. Tikki smiled at him from across the room as she sat on the vanity and Marinette peeked over the top of her book giving the cat a warm smile before going back to it.

He hissed, "I'm melting! It buuuurns."

Tikki rolled her eyes and stuffed a cookie in her mouth.

A 'meow' from the door caught their attention.

"Awwww, how precious!" Tikki flew down to the tuxedo cat beckoning it in.

The cat watched her for a while before flicking it's paw at her attempting to catch her.

She let out a yelp and flew higher shooting a glare at the floating black cat.

"Plagg! Don't laugh! I could've gotten seriously injured!"

"Did you see our face! Priceless!" He flew down to the tuxedo cat still at the doorway eyeing him curiously, "I like you."

The cat purred as if noticing Plagg's acknowledgement and taking it to heart.

Marinette placed her book down and faced the little entourage.

"His name's Alfred."

"I thought Alfred was the butler." Tikki piped up.

"He is as well."

"The cat's a butler?" Plagg asked.

"No, the cat's is also named Alfred."

"So you're telling me," Plagg pointed at himself, "that they named the cat after the butler?"

Marinette nodded.

"Yeesh. This family's getting weirder and weirder."

"Says the mini-God in the form of a floating, talking black cat."

Plagg held his paws up, "At least I don't have to share names. I've always found it so strange how so many humans have the same name. I mean, don't you get confused?"

Marinette opened her mouth to respond but was interrupted by the feeling of something on her legs.

Plagg's eyes widened and Tikki cooed.

"Awwww." Marinette scratched the cat's fur eliciting soft purrs, "Oh my gosh I could just die! You're too adorable!"

Plagg winced. "No! No no no! Nope!"

The two women (or woman and mini-Goddess) eyed Plagg as he made his way over.

"I liked you before Alfred so I advise you to not get on my nerves!"

"Jeez, calm down. He's just a cat."

The so called 'just a cat' purred again and snuggled against Marinette's stomach before eyeing Plagg.

"Did you see that!" Plagg screamed as he pointed at the feline, "It just marked its territory! It's purposely trying to rile me up!"

"Plagg!"

Plagg wasn't listening to the women as he flew in closer, but not too close, and spat out, "I am a GOD! Get your own lap!"

Alfred hissed.

Plagg also hissed.

"Did he just--"

"I will count to three and if you are not off her lap, I will incinerate you!"

"Plagg--"

"1!" Alfred's eyes narrowed.

"2!" He stretched out on her lap making himself comfortable.

"3!" Plagg narrowed his eyes and looked at the cat in disgust. "That's it! CATA--"

"I believe it is time for Alfred to eat."

All eyes were drawn to the door where another figure stood.

"Alfred!" Marinette beamed. "Perfect timing as always."

The tips of Alfred's lips slightly turned up. Her joy was very contagious. "May I?"

She nodded.

He entered the room and scooped up Alfred (the cat) before leaving.

Plagg grinned, "Serves you right! You dare go against me! A GOD!"

"Give it a rest." Tikki sighed.

Marinette beamed at the jealous black cat. "Plagg you know you'll always be my favourite cat. But uh-" her eyebrows furrowed slightly, "you realise that my lap's big enough for the both of you right?"

Plagg turned to the girl, obvious annoyance written on his face but not directed at her, "Did I not mention it before when those bat brother - whatever their names are - were choosing your nicknames! I. Do. Not. SHARE!"

"But you're sharing me with Tikki." she pointed out.

He turned to the red kwami and then back to her, "That's because she's Tikki. She's an exception."

Tikki smiled.

Marinette's eyes narrowed, "So what're you gonna do when I'm getting married?"

Plagg looked at her as if that was the easiest question on Earth, "Simple, you just won't get married!"

[Edit] Sry, real quick guys but if u want, I can write stories for your other ships as well! For example, soon I'm going to start writing bellarke fanfiction as well and other ships that I like so if u have a ship you want me to write stories for, feel free to tell me! These fanfictions are for you after all. 😊