2.7

~~
Soomin's pov

"Soomin, are you okay?", Jieun asks.
We are just having our break, eating something in the cafeteria.

"Yeah, I'm fine", I answer. I don't really believe it myself to be honest.
"Don't lie to me. Tell me, what on your heart? Is it because of the dating scandal?", she asks.

And she's right, I don't want to lie to her. I can avoid something, as long as she doesn't ask me, but when she asks directly, I don't want to lie to her.

"Yeah, I was pretty scared. I really don't want to get dragged into any trouble. And of course I don't want Hyunjin to get into any trouble because of me. The thing is, the first assumption someone throws into the room always gets more attention. Even if it's not true. And some people then actually believe it.
And the official statement that tells the truth often doesn't get as much attention. The majority of the people will then believe the truth, but they're still people who don't know the truth because they believe the first assumption."

"You don't need to be scared. I think that really most people know it's not true and it's a very very little minority who is ignorant and thinks it's true. And you won't even get in trouble. Nobody can recognize you, your face is not very visble. Of course I immediately recognized you because I know you so good", she flips her hair with her hand. I have to chuckle a little bit.

"And I also know you good enough to tell that the truth you want to show is a little different then the real truth", she points with her finger at me like she wants to scold me, "am I right?"

I swallow and look down. I don't want to lie to her face. She really knows what's going on. But how did she notice it. I slowly nod.

"I knew it. You have a thing with Hyunjin, am I right?", she wants to make sure.
"How did you know? Did someone told you?", I ask confused.

"You know, I'm pretty attentive. I notice a lot of things. First of all, you seemed so happy after the holidays. You were so bright, I swear to god, it felt like a little sun entered the room each time you did. And then I noticed your necklace", she points at the necklace I'm also wearing now, it's the gift from Hyunjin.

"It seems pretty expensive. And was sure you didn't pay that with your own money. And I didn't wanted to ask you about it, because I knew you may let a little lie slip, like I also noticed later. I overheard how Aecha asked you about it and you said it was a gift from your aunt.

I knew that wasn't true, so I asked Seungmin, and he told me that Hyunjin gave it to you as Christmas present. And then I started to get on the right track.

I knew you were hiding something and I had my own ideas what it could be. And one of them was that you  are closer with Hyunjin then you want to show.

So I observed you for some time. And I noticed you would always try to avoid Hyunjin. At first, I thought you two may had a fight, but then it also came to me that you could do that to hide something. And one day, I had my best proof for that argument. I heard you two making out in the dressing room."

"Oh my god this is so embarrassing you heard us?"
"Yep. I didn't tell anyone, but I wouldn't recommend doing that again, it's pretty risky. But then I knew I was right."

"Oh wow. I think Sherlock Holmes is jobless now."
How could she find out that much? I mean, we weren't that oblivious.

"But why did you never confront me?", I ask her.
"I wanted you to tell me yourself. I thought you may had more trust in me."
"I'm so sorry."

I kinda feel bad. Jieun is such a nice person. I didn't like her in the beginning. I always thought she was so annoying. But now I like her so much. She's such an extrovert that it makes you also an extrovert. I feel like she's that kind of person you could talk to hours.

And I didn't trust her. I could've told her after the other boys also found out. It would've been okay then. I don't know why I didn't.

"It's not that big of a deal. I thought if I asked you you might could just say no, out of reflex, because you panic a little bit because nobody should find out. So I wanted you to tell me."

"But why did you ask me today then? I could've lied to you, you said it yourself."
She just shrugs her shoulders.
"Gut feeling."

Wow. I don't know if this girl can look into the future or into someone's mind but she has some kind of superpower, I'm sure about that.

"Is this all that's concerning you? When we're already at it, we can keep on going with the therapy session with Jieun."

"Uhm, actually, yeah. I don't know but until now, everything was perfect with Hyunjin. And now, he's been acting a little weird since a few days. I don't know why, if it has to do something with me or anything. But I have this feeling he's hiding something from me, I don't know."

"That's so cute when you're worried. But don't worry, it doesn't seems do be that big of a deal. Maybe he's just having some trouble at the moment. The dating rumor must affect him pretty hard.

Just ask him if something is troubling him. And try to talk to him. You are so good at that, at talking with him. I saw how you managed his panic attack last time."

I nod. That's probably the best idea.
"Oh and it's not that big of a deal if he doesn't tell you literally everything. I mean as long as it's not something big, it doesn't really matter. I mean you don't have to know if he took a good shit for example."

We both laugh.
"Thank you. I will do that."

~

I try to talk to Hyunjin at the next possibility, when we are alone in our room again.
"Hyun, is everything okay?", I ask him.

"Yes why?", I just answers.
"You seem like something is bothering you. Are you sure everything is okay?"
"I'm okay."

I softly kiss his neck, so maybe that would help make him talk.
"I know something's not right. Talk to me."
But he just turns his head away.

"Stop", he says. But not in the sarcastic way like usual, he's serious.
"Why, did I do something wrong?", I ask.

"I'm just not in the mood right now."
I sigh.
I really want him to tell me.

"Please. I want to help you. Did you get into any trouble because of the dating rumors? Or is it something different? Hyunjin, I care about you, so please, let me."

~~
Hyunjin's pov

She looks at me. And she just looks so angelic.
She could never lie like that.
I mean look at her. She's so sweet and kind. She could never.

I have to smile.
"It's okay, Minnie."
I lay my arm around her and give her a kiss on the head.
"You don't need to worry about me."

~~~~~