4

TRIGGER WARNING
I get up and run to my school bag while grabbing my uniform and head to the bathroom to change, leaving Hisashi alone in my room. After changing I rushed downstairs to make him his breakfast, just plain eggs, toast, and bacon. Catching sight of my solmarks when I set Hisashis plate on the counter, I remembered that I hadn’t bandaged my arms this morning.

Since I don’t want people to know about me cutting or to see my soul marks I cover them every morning before school. I went upstairs to the bathroom I use and found bandages under the sink. Using them to cover my soulmarks hurt sometimes but I couldn’t have my soulmate see them and find out before me that they were my soulmate, I needed to know first to prepare myself for everything that would follow. 

Starting near my elbow I wrap down my forearm until I reach my marks, a black cat and light yellow butterfly watching over a dark green sleeping puppy. A cat, butterfly, and a dog the combination was odd but they all seemed to fit with each other. Nobody knows why but everyone is born with the knowledge of which mark represents them, there’s also a sort of feeling for some people when they make eye contact with their soulmate for the first time, but I don’t want that, it’s just another way my soulmates could figure everything out before I have time to think. Finishing up my wrap I ran out of the house heading for school before I could get yelled at. 

The quiet walk to school always gave me some time to think about things, like how I feel bad for my poor soul mates but at least they have each other, or how I’ll have to deal with Bakugou at school. 

~

I was last to get to class so I didn’t have to deal with Bakugou just yet but after class is going to be hell. Luckily the teacher started class before anyone could disrupt it and make fun of me because I’m the only one ‘without a quirk’ which apparently makes me lesser than everyone.

With everyone seated the teacher begins droning on about everyone doing their best and trying their very hardest which catches my attention because we usually don’t talk about next year in our first period class.

“Alright class, I know I should be passing out these forms for what you want to focus on during your highschool years, but what’s the point because you’re all going down the hero track?!” the teacher says as he throws the papers he was holding into the air. the class breaks out in noise again, the teacher wasn’t paying any mind to the back of the class where I am. Bakugou walked back to me with two of his goons.

“Stupid Deku can’t even make it to class on time, how worthless can you get?”

Sadly the teacher decided to ignore these comments in favor of looking at his clipboard. The comments just kept coming.

“Dumbass extra why would you even come to school anyway it’s not like anyone wants you here.”

What’s even the point of coming back here to bully me Bakugou, it’s not very heroic for someone who wants to be number one hero.

“Pathetic little twerp, you think you’re better than me,” he says getting my attention again, “ you think you can get away without listening to what I’m saying?”

Thank whatever god is up in the sky because the teacher thought this was a good time to resume class and talk about our options and choices for highschool, starting with the kids at the front of the class working back he listed off the names of their chosen schools. Of course Bakugou wanted to go to U.A. the top hero school, same as me, I zone out till the teacher calls on me.

“Ah, Midoriya, you chose U.A. as well.”

The class burst out laughing. The teacher could’ve mentioned that I was going to try for the support courses but instead he just let the class assume I was going for the hero courses like Bakugou.

“You think you’re good enough to get into U.A. you damn nerd, you’re not even good enough to have friends, how would a loser like you even dream of getting into a hero school?!”

After all the laughter died down we were reminded that this was the last day and summer break started tomorrow, with that announcement the rest of the day was declared a free day. Most people hung out with their friends. I stayed away from everyone until the bell rang and the day was over. All that was left was getting my things and going home.

I went to my desk to get my bag, but got stopped on my way out of the class by none other than Bakugou and his two little followers. Bakugou sets a hand on my shoulder using his quirk, his hand starts to heat up and burn my shoulder. Knowing that he wants a reaction I flinch away, this was nothing compared to day to day life at home. He started laughing like the maniac he is.

“You know if you want a quirk so badly, why don’t you take a swan dive off the roof and hope for a quirk in your next life!”

He walked off without another word just laughing like a crazy person. 

Finally able to leave I started my walk home. What if I had done it? Suicide baiting was soething he hadn’t done before, but it was still something I was used to. If I had done it then he wouldn’t have to worry about me annoying him everyday, but at the same time his hero career could be ruined. Not that he deserves to be a hero after everything he’s done.

The walk home went faster than I would’ve liked but I have to face the monster at some point. Opening the door quietly so I don’t wake him if he’s asleep on the couch, which he is, I head upstairs to change into grey joggers and a black hoodie, as soon as I pull the hood over my head I could hear him coming up the stairs and I wait for the beating to come.

1,058 words