12

“Midoriya, please stay behind.” It was Mic, maybe he’d be more understanding to the whole I don't wanna situation I’m in.

While I was packing my things into my bag, Bakugou cleared his throat grabbing my attention. I might as well make them a little more jealous while I had the chance, I turned all my attention to my bully.

“Yes, Katsuki?” He actually looked serious for once.

“Look even if you have dirt on me, I can’t just stay away from you even if I wanted.”

“Can you not put aside your petty little grudge you have against me and leave me alone?”

“It’s not up to me. Have you forgotten our moms are friends? The old hag is gonna make you both come over soon anyway and we both know she’ll get her way in the end.”

He made a good point, Mitsuki usually got her way in the end, and I was lucky she hadn’t already come poking around the house and found out the truth. Also the fact he was looking very serious was starting to make me think he had something else to say.

“Anything else to say while you have my attention?” Nearly everyone had left the class at this point. Neither teacher was hiding the fact that they were watching us, waiting for him to leave so they could discuss with me in private.

“Nothing I wanna say here, just come over soon and we can talk more when we’re alone.” He gave me his number to contact him and let him know when I would be coming over, “Anytime is fine, just call first and bring your mom.” With that he left me alone with my soulmates.

I lean back against my desk, not closing any of the space between us. They’d get to see how much effort I was gonna put into this relationship they wanted, “So, what did you want to talk about?”

It was Mic who spoke for both of them this time, “Wanna explain why you’re so insistent on running from us?”

“The answer to that is simple, I don’t want to be in a relationship with either of you. It sucks to hear I know but that’s the way it is and I’m not gonna just give into the soulbond and interrupt everything you two have going. Which by the way you are cute together, but three is a crowd, don’t you think?”

“No, we don’t think that and there’s a reason why we’re soulmates, all three of us. You need to understand that we have known there’s a third soulmate for us the minute we saw our marks and we have had a spot for that person, you, in our relationship from day one.”

Aizawa thought this was the right time to chime in apparently, “We have also cleared this whole thing with Nezu so don’t think about using the teacher/student thing as an excuse either.” 

Dammit, they really came prepared for this.

“We won’t give up on this Midoriya, Aizawa didn’t want a soulmate at first but eventually he realized that this is fate, and that it’s the best future imaginable and it’s just sitting here waiting for you to accept it. If there’s a specific reason you don’t want a soulmate we can work on it together and get past it but you just need to tell us.” Fuck, he was making this hard, the only thing that stopped me from just going to them was the little logical voice in my head that reminded me I would only be in the way of what they have.

“I’ll be honest with you here, you two have something nice and I won’t be the person that complicates it. I have reasons for not wanting this, yes, but I also have to go. So if you don’t mind I’ll be leaving, it’s not like I won’t see you both again,” The hope in their eyes made my chest clench, “I mean you are my teachers for the next three years.” I started towards the door, not wanting to have this drag on too much longer, but I was stopped before I got too far.

It was Aizawa again, “Midoriya, I know I’ve already said this but I’ll say it again, we aren’t going to stop and we fully intend on visiting your home and having a nice chat with your parents about all of this. We want you in our life and I don’t think you understand the pain of trying to reject the soulbond yet. It starts out feeling a little guilty but it only gets worse, you start feeling depressed and the emotional pain turns physical around your soulmate. Mic and I won’t feel it since we aren’t trying to stay away from you but for you, it will be torture. And at this point you aren’t able to switch out of classes.”

“Thanks for trying to warn me but I’m sure I’ve been through worse, I can handle this.” So the physical aspect was news to me, but it wasn’t gonna hold me back. I needed them to back off, that’s that. I walked out the door and sped towards the school gate getting farther from them.

They weren’t gonna let up soon and neither would Katsuki, so I may as well deal with the lesser of two evils. I pulled out my phone and texted Katsuki letting him know I was on my way. Now to figure out what to say, maybe that mom was out of the country, probably wouldn’t work. Mitsuki would come poking around the house to make sure I was doing okay. Well maybe a half truth wouldn’t be so bad? Enough to get her off my back and to let her know her friend had passed away, but not enough to draw suspicion.

Katsuki P.O.V.

Bakugou still hadn’t figured out what he was going to say to Izuku. Seeing him after so long he didn’t know how to react, and had slipped back into acting like a bully. He’d changed over the summer and was trying to be a better person. It may have seemed like an impossible thing to do but he had a rude awakening when his cousin, who he loved dearly, was told he was quirkless. The next time Bakugou saw him other kids had beaten him half to death, Bakugou was the one to find him, that’s when it clicked that he had done the same to Izuku and worse. He cried that night more than he ever had, for his cousin, for Izuku, and from his guilt. 

Since then he’d changed, he stopped hanging around the people he called friends and he’d asked his mom to contact Inko. He wanted to apologize to Izuku for everything he’d done, but now it was like both of them had just dropped off the face of the planet. That was until Izuku showed up at the exam, now he had a chance to really talk to him and try to make everything good between them again. He just hoped he hadn’t scared him off when he talked to him after class, the teachers were acting weird too. Bakugou was still contemplating all of this when he got a text from Izuku saying he was on his way over.

(1224 words) Sorta late update but kinda not? I don't know but enjoy, I wanted to work in Bakugou being nice now so I can have them joking about, ya know, trauma.