8

Deku P.O.V.

I finished the exam before anyone else, I left my place, handed in the finished exam, and went to the waiting area for the second part of the exams. This may have seemed like a smart idea at first, but it wasn't.

I walked in and took a far seat and relaxed until I heard the door open. Must be another examinee that was quicker than I expected. Everything was fine until I felt something wrap around me and I couldn't move. Eraserhead decided to make his next unwanted appearance in my life.

"Look kid, I'm not gonna hurt you, it's not like that okay? I just wanna talk and I'm not gonna let you run away from me again." He got closer as he talked like he was approaching a scared animal.

"I'm sorry sir, but I think you have the wrong person" I keep my eyes on the floor.

"I don't think I do considering the text I got from Hizashi, but you probably know him as Present Mic, am I right?"

"Again sir you have the wrong person, I don't want any part of whatever it is you're talking about." Just keep playing dumb and maybe by the grace of some god he drop it and leave me alone.

"Call me Shouta, enough with the 'sir' crap. I'm your soulmate not your boss, I just want some answers from you and then I can explain my side of things, okay?"

"Sir, I mean no disrespect but I haven't got a clue what you're talking about." This guy just isn't relenting.

"Look me in the eyes then."

"I'd rather not."

"Exactly, now at least tell me your name so I can stop calling you 'kid'."

All the questioning was starting to get on my nerves until I realized something, even if I told him everything about myself, he still couldn't force me to be in any relationship with him or Present Mic. Even better if I tell him everything he wants to know he'll probably leave me alone on his own accord. Sure that might hurt me a little more but if it gets them off my back then why not divulge some information.

I erase my face of any emotion before I look up at him, meeting his anxious eyes. "Izuku Midoriya, But you could've gotten that from my file, Eraserhead. What else would you like to know? This is a rare opportunity for you, don't waste it."

He didn't beat around the bush, "Why do you hate the idea of soulmates so much?"

"I just think that my life and both of yours will be better off kept separate that's all, I don't see why it's such a big deal. I mean you two already have each other and have been together for a while it seems so why would you need me as well?"

His eyes were getting slightly teary and I had to look away for a second because the soulbond was making me want to apologize and comfort him. "Because you're our soulmate we belong together, I didn't think much of soulmates either until I found Hizashi and it all changed. Will you please just give us a chance Izuku."

"You can call me Midoriya or go back to using 'kid' for all I care, but you don't get the pleasure of using my first name, got it? Also you two already have each other believe me when I tell you I will complicate the situation, this is the last time I'll say it so listen closely, Leave. Me. Alone."

He started to remove his capture weapon that was holding me there, "No can do on that last part, I'll be keeping my eye on you and so will Hizashi, trust me you'll warm up to us eventually or you'll at least get used to us being around you, because we aren't going to back off and you can count on that." He stood up getting ready to leave before he turned back to me.

"This isn't over and the school has your information now, so I do as well, Hizashi and I will be seeing you later."

And with that he left me to contemplate my existence once more.

During the physical exam I ran as far as I could go, reaching the other end of the fake city where no other person was. The bots were dispersed evenly throughout the city so I had plenty to handle on my end. After the test was over I racked up 183 points. The bots were big, yes, but aiming for the joints with nearby rubble took them out quickly with little to no mess.

Izuku was quickly climbing the score board, grabbing the attention of every teacher and his two soulmates. While others were doing good, the gap Izuku had initially made was only growing wider and didn't stop until the buzzer had gone off, signaling the exam was over.

Before anyone could speak Aizawa and Mic had slipped out of the door to try and find their soulmate. The rest of the teachers had been left to decide who would go to the hero course and who would only make general studies.

Everyone had a single name in mind.

As soon as the exam was over Aizawa and Mic both ran towards the school gate and waited as every student walked passed, if course some recognized Prohero Present Mic and gave questioning glances at the hobo-like man next to him. After a while most students had left and the two were growing concerned for their soulmate.

Izuku had left the exam before anyone could stop him. Before his soulmates could follow him and before any other student was near the gate.

Hizashi and Aizawa stayed at the school until every examinee had left, when they realized their soulmate was no longer at the school they decided to go home, with Izuku's file in hand.

(975 words) I super duper apologize for this late update, I struggled a lot writing this and trying to figure out ways to phrase everything so that the plot will be able to go the way I want it to. I struggled a lot outside this fanfic as well I'm trying to recover mentally from a multitude of things that have happened and are happening, please just know that I have every intention of finishing this story. 

(Also if you have recommendations for any stories like this or from this fandom please send me them I feel like I've read them all and I'm running out of them.)