13

3rd pov Hizashi|Aizawa

The night before the entrance exam Hizashi and Aizawa were a mixture of both excitement and existential dread. Hizashi was excited to meet their soulmate, convinced he ran that night because he was nervous about his soulmate being a pro-hero. Aizawa knew there was something strange going on with his soulmate, he was obviously young, too young to be wandering around the city at night. He was worried about his homelife and if he would be alright by himself, Aizawa spent every second of his free time looking for his soulmate and patrolling around the area he had met him. There was no luck, it was like he dropped off the face of the Earth.

With the exam tomorrow there was hope he would turn up and maybe they would be able to get a word in before he escapes them again.

“Hizashi?”

“Yes?”

“How do you think he’ll react, if we find him tomorrow?”

Hizashi walked over to where Aizawa was sitting on the bed, taking the open place beside him.

“We can’t know for sure why he ran the first time Sho. All we know is that he’s young and might be trying to get into U.A. other than that we can’t just assume the worst. I know it’s painful to have our soulmate run from you the first time you meet him, but maybe it wasn’t a bad thing.”

“How could it have been anything but bad, he was injured and still took off, he said he didn’t want any part of us. Again how could this be a good thing?”

“Sho, do you remember when we first met?”

“Yes, I saw you and for some stupid reason thought you would be better off without me. Obviously now I know better, because with your cooking skills you would starve if I wasn’t here.”

“Okay, rude, but do you see where I’m going with this?”

“Not rude, just honest.”

“Shouta.” He said with a fake stern voice.
“Sadly yes, I understand. Zashi, if he’s anything like how I was though, I’m right to be concerned.” Aizawa leaned against him, “I had you to get me out of that dark place, but if I’m right he doesn’t have anyone.”

“Sho, all I’m saying is that maybe, just maybe, this is the universe getting payback on you for when you ran from me.”

Aizawa looked up to find Hizashi smiling down at him. Maybe he’s right.

~

The morning of the entrance exam had been going well, Aizawa was with the teachers in the viewing area waiting for the first portion of the exam to be over and Hizashi was waiting behind the stage as examinees filed in and found their seats. Just a few more moments and he could be out there looking into his soulmate’s eyes, maybe. He didn’t want to be let down if he got his hopes up too high but how could he not be excited?

After everyone was seated Hizashi came on stage and started his search as he gave the speech explaining the written and physical test. Scanning every section of student’s looking for someone who matched the small description he had gotten from Shouta. Halfway through he was interrupted, by a very loud child that thought it would be alright to hold up the whole process.

“Sir! On the packet handed out it says there will be four robots, so far you have only spoken of three. This mistake may reflect badly on U.A. as a top hero school.”

“Examinee 1774 I was just about to explain that before I was interrupted.” The boy sat back down as Hizashi explained, “The fourth robot won’t be worth any points, it will be more of an obstacle in your way.”

Once the kid sat back down, Hizashi continued explaining as he worked his way through the section of examinees, glancing at everyone’s eyes hoping to find his soulmate. Eventually he makes it to a spikey blond and then the person next to him. The greenette hadn’t looked up yet but from everything Hizashi could see, he matched the description from Shouta. Finally he glanced up and Hizashi’s voice caught in his throat. He had found his other soulmate.

Continuing with his announcements, Hizashi kept his eyes on his soulmate. He couldn’t let him out of his sight. He wouldn’t lose him again.

Not long after the test was given out Hizashi saw him stand to give his test to one of the collectors and head to the waiting room for the next exam, Hizashi hastily pulled out his phone to let Aizawa know their soulmate was on the move.

After receiving Aizawa's confirmation that he would keep an eye on their soulmate Hizashi went back to focusing on the examinees infront of him.

(803 words) this is short but way overdo sorry for ghosting this story lol