7

Shouta P.O.V.

It had been two months and neither Zashi nor I could find our mystery soulmate. When I got home that night I had explained everything to Hizashi and we spent the rest of the night trying to think of a reason why the kid had run from me. The rest of summer was spent with Hizashi and I trying to find leads and searching the streets. All of that had to be put on hold though, because of the upcoming U.A. entrance exams.

    With the exams coming up we put almost everything aside to prepare for them, but we were hoping our soulmate would be one of the kids applying, maybe we’d get to see him again soon.

                                          Izuku P.O.V.

    The summer was coming to an end in a few days and I felt proud of the progress I had made. Staying at the warehouse for most of the summer and only going to the house for necessities was definitely a good call on my part. With  all the free time I now had since I wasn't healing from beatings constantly -they only happen when I go to the house, which isn’t often- I was able to improve my fighting and stamina. Also since there’s not very many heroes on this side of town I got to test out my new skills on small-time criminals like the robber I encountered. I also picked up some parkour skills for fun. 

    At that point I may have been 15 but I definitely didn't seem like it. With all my training and so little food, I only had muscle, there was barely any fat on my body,(which wasn’t healthy at all) but with my small stature nobody would guess I was built like pro-hero and probably had more scars than most of them as well. 

    I leaned over to check the time on my phone that I’d rebuilt from the garbage. It was already midnight, I went over to the couch to get some sleep with the knowledge that there’s only tomorrow left before the exams.

                                    Bakugou P.O.V.

    Deku’s been gone the entire summer, not that I care but so has auntie Inko and she was always there for me. My parents have been trying to contact her for the last two months, apparently the nerd said she was going to be working in America for a few years and she had sorted out Dekus living arrangement. But now it was like she dropped off the face of the earth and the nerd was doing the same.

I just hope he didn’t actually jump like I told him.

                                        Izuku P.O.V.

I spent the day before the exams training lightly so that I wouldn’t be sore. Then finally it was time to start my walk to U.A. and pray I don’t have to deal with Kastuki. At least the written portion shouldn’t be too hard. I grabbed my phone and left for the exams.

~

    As I got closer to the gates I started to realize how big the school really was. There were signs guiding examinees in the right direction. I made my way to a line of kids going into a huge room, each of us getting a packet with our names, seat and group numbers, and other information about the exams. Once I got mine I went to find my seat which was towards the middle of the room. As soon as I sat down I heard him. 

“Huh?! Damn nerd, what are you doing here, and where have you been all summer?” 
“I’m here to take the exams just like everybody else.”
“Like a damn extra like you could even get into this school, and what’s with the way you’re talking to me? You’re starting to think you’re better than me?!”
“Of course not. Now sit down Present Mic is about to start talking.”
“You worthless Deku, go-” He didn’t get to finish his threat as Present Mic started to speak.
“Hello Everybody! I’m Present Mic and I’ll be one of the teachers here at U.A. overlooking your exams today!”

    Present Mic continued explaining the written exam and then went on the physical portion when he got interrupted by a blue haired kid and a few rows in front of me. 

“Sir! On the packet handed out it says there will be four robots, so far you have only spoken of three. This mistake may reflect badly on U.A. as a top hero school.” 
“Examinee 1774 I was just about to explain that before I was interrupted.” The boy sat back down as Present Mic explained, “The fourth robot won’t be worth any points, it will be more of an obstacle in your way.” 

His Eyes stayed on our section of students scanning all of us till he got to Bakugou and finally me, meeting my eyes. His voice only faltered for a second before he continued but his eyes never left mine. I had found my other soulmate, well more like he found me.

(839 words)

Sorry this is really late, but I do have an excuse. I ran out of medicine while on a three week long trip and was in a good amount of pain for awhile, I still hurt but now that I have my meds again I'm starting to feel better! I have started on another part now I just need to find time to finsih it. Sorry if this part sounds rushed please give me feedback so I know if I should change or add anything!