4

Nathalie was confused on why he wanted her, she was fine and her room was renewed  so she could sleep there, but if Gabriel wanted her there with him then she didn't wanna just leave because after all she did love him.
"Ummm sir why do you need me?" She politely asked.
"Nathalie...I have to tell you something very serious." He answered.
She nodded whilst she held his hands, Nathalie was ready to hear anything.
"I give up on Emelie. She might have been my wife but I realize she has brought me more pain than happiness. But you...you would do anything in your power just to see me smile. I have seriously used you just to fail over and over again, I don't want to hurt you anymore. This will be better for the both of us." He finished talking and looked at Nathalie who's emotions were all over the place,
"Sir-"
"Please don't call me sir it just sounds too professional for the type of relationship we have."
We have????? Since when. I think I missed a chapter. Nathalie thought to herself.
"Gabriel...I don't think I can make you as happy as Emelie could."
"But you already have" He kissed her on the cheek and that made Nathalie's face turn intensity red.
"If this is what I get for going through pain...it was soooo worth it." she giggled as she pulled his face closer to hers and kissed him. Gabriel hugged her tight and they both fell onto the the bed and they kept on staring at each other until they slowly fell asleep.

*in the morning*

It was 9 in the morning and Gabriel heard the front door open,  it must have been his son returning from his aunts house. He went downstairs to greet him and on his way back grabbed some coffee to bring back to his room. When he came back he shut the door and locked it with keys so his son wouldn't peek inside.
Nathalie was still sound asleep in his bed but he didn't mind, in fact he loved to look at her but now every time he would glance at her all he could think about is how he destroyed her because he couldn't move on from Emelie.
It was time, he had to let go of the past and enjoy the present. So he did and he never knew he could be this happy ever again. He sat down next to her on the bed, and gave her forehead a kiss. After that he went to take a shower and got ready for the day. When he looked at the bed where Nathalie was supposed to be, it was empty no one was laying there.
"Nathalie?" His voice loudly echoed trough the hall.
"Yes?" A voice responded from further away.
He followed the way he head the voice come from and eventually he made his way to her room.
"Don't come in I am getting ready....one second and I will be ready." She said as she turned the hairdryer on.
Open the door. No don't she will be ready in a minute. Don't be inpatient. Just push down the handle of the door come on. No she will hate me. She must look so pretty. Shut up!! Gabriel's mind was all over the place.
The noise of the hairdryer stopped and everything went so quite he could hear her breathing. Gabriel pushed down the handle of the door and so did Nathalie from the other side of the door so they both bumped into each other as the door flung open.
"Ohh I am so sorry sir-...I mean Gabriel" she apologized.
"No,no I am sorry"
They stood there for a few seconds in complete silence before Gabriel uttered another word:
"You know I just got a message that Amelie and her son will be visiting us"
"Then I must get to work" Nathalie said as she tried to slide past Gabriel to get out of her room.
Nathalie didn't know what to think of yesterday. Her biggest crush, also her boss just gave her an emotional speech about how he likes her and how he gives up on his WIFE. His wife the one person he married. No way she was just an assistant. But-but she woke up in his bed there is no way he can't like her after all if she was not hallucinating the things yesterday really did happen. Nathalie was thinking.
Meanwhile Gabriel was still standing at Nathalie's door that she forgot to lock, so like the curious man he was he went inside. As he slowly stepped inside he quietly closed the door behind him so no one would see him. The room looked very simple a bed in the middle a small closed a little bathroom and that was it. He couldn't help but notice a small journal lying at the top of the closet. He reached for it and when he took a look at it the front said.
𝑁𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑒 𝑆𝑐𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑢𝑒𝑟
It was her journal filled with neat cursive handwriting. He read through some pages and one specific page caught his attention.
"I don't know how much longer I can make it alive. I can hardly breath after I transform back from Mayura. I would do anything for Gabriel Agreste but he still doesn't seem to care. I miss Emelie as well but he just stole my heart. He only seems to care for her. It doesn't matter if I lay dead on the floor or is I bash my head against the wall I still come back to life somehow, and I have to deal with the pain.  Nothing can kill me and I feel this is a curse. I have to watch him slowly kill me and then when he gets the miraculous of Cat Noir and Ladybug he will throw me away like an old rug and live happily with Emelie."
- 𝑁𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑒
Meanwhile he was reading all of Nathalie's secrets, Nathalie herself was downstairs preparing the house for a visit from Amelie and her son.
Before anyone could notice Gabriel left her room and put Nathalie's journal in his pocket.

*Amelie and her son arrived*

"Well hello there Gabriel" Amelie said as she gave him a fake smile.
"Hello Amelie" Gabriel said with no emotions.
"Adrien why don't you and Felix go to your room?" Nathalie suggested.
The two boys ran to Adrien's room while the adults were left downstairs.
"Nathalie can you please make some coffee"
"Yes of course" she nodded and left to the kitchen.
Gabriel and Amelie gave each other a disgusted smile and went to sit down at the table.
"We will be staying here for 3 days since soon it is going to be Emelie's birthday" Amelie said.
Gabriel didn't like to think about his dead wife's birthday because it brought him much pain.
As Nathalie was preparing the coffee she overheard the convo they were having. Gabriel seemed broken because Amelie brought up her sisters birthday which has always been a painful day to live trough.
After Nathalie gave them their coffees she was dismissed and she left to her room.
She went up the cold marble stairs and literally fell onto her bed, but when she reached for her journal to write down some emotions, it was gone. Nathalie jumped up and looked on top of the closet where she last left it, nothing she panicked and thought maybe she lost it somewhere around the house.
The last thing she wanted was for someone to read it.

To be continued-