19

*at the mansion*

Nathalie, Adrien, Felix, and Emelie were all waiting for Gabriel and his "wife" to get home, and by some miracle they did make it home alive.
"You are never driving ever again! NEVER!" Amelie got out of the car.
"Okay...okay, but I did do a pretty good job for driving from the passages seat." Gabriel smirked.
"IN THE WRONG LANE WITH 200KM/H!!!"
"Yeah that too." He was impressed by his own driving skills while Amelie was pissed at him, but she was glad they made it back home, alive.
Now for the moment everyone in the mansion has been waiting for, the front door slowly opened and there stood Gabriel with his "wife".
Emelie immediately felt like killing her sister for what she did but she managed to contain her anger.
"Amelie?" Gabriel asked.
Was she the one who claimed to be his wife?
"It may not look like I am Emelie but I can assure you I am not Amelie!"
Gabriel stood there confused and he looked over to Nathalie who was just as confused as him.
"B-but if you are Emelie who is she." He pointed to the woman beside him.
"Amelie!" The real Emelie raised her voice once she came across the face of her sister who was acting to be her.
Amelie started walking backwards as her sister was aggressively walking towards her with a threatening look.
"She is insane! She can't even remember who she is." Amelie tried to lie herself out of this whole mess but it didn't work.
No one knew what was going on, the two twin sisters were both claiming to be Emelie Agreste.
"So who is my wife?"
"Me!" Both sisters shouted at the same time.
"I'm the one wearing the wedding ring!" Amelie held her hand up.
"Because you stole it! You switched roles with me so you could save this marriage! There is nothing to save!" Emelie held onto Amelie's shirt and with all the rage in her she threw her sister against the wall.
It all made sense why "Emelie" wasn't herself. Gabriel had noticed she was way more clingy these past few days, so now he understood what happened.
Nathalie thought of a plan to find out who is the real wife. She quickly ran to the office and gathered the divorce papers.
"Write you're signature!" She gave both sisters a piece of paper and a pen.
Everyone watched in confusion about what Nathalie was doing, but after both 'Emelies' finished writing and Nathalie held up the two papers to compared it with the one signature on the divorce paper, it all made sense how she was going to figure out who the real Emelie was.
"She is the one." Nathalie pointed to the real Emelie.
"Liar!" Amelie shouted while reaching to grab the divorce papers and tear them apart.
Now everyone stood in silence and they watched the 3 women argue.
"The only liar is you! I would know that my best friend is not this heartless." Nathalie pointed out.
"Like your name?" Amelie knew that was the one thing that could break her.
Her name was always the thing she hated the most and by pointing it out Amelie got Nathalie furious.
"Okay Amelie get out!" Gabriel interrupted as he saw Nathalie was on the verge of tears.
"That woman that you're so in love with is a criminal!" Amelie now turned to argue with Gabriel.
She was furiously pointing at Nathalie, while calling her all types of horrible names.
"Nonsense!" He shouted back in defense.
No one but Gabriel heard the little cry Nathalie was trying to hide, so he reached out to hug her.
"Then I wonder why her alter ego is Mayura!"
Everyone froze after hearing Amelie shout that.
"W-what" Adrien asked as if he hadn't heard what she shouted.
"Yeah kid...your father's assistant is one of the most wanted criminals in Paris."
"You have no proof!" Nathalie tried to save the situation, but her barely inaudible voice didn't do much.
"Oh and also my sister lied comatose in your basement!" That was the final straw, Gabriel wouldn't have thought he would do this, but once he heard Amelie shit talk the whole family in such a disgusting way he had enough. While still holding Nathalie close, he grabbed ahold of Amelie's shoulder and pushed her back. Within seconds Amelie lied on the outside staircase, and the last thing she saw was a door getting slammed in her face.
"So do I go with her or...?" Felix looked around to see a mess. Adrien crying next to him, while the real Emelie tried to comfort the child, Gabriel comforting Nathalie, who's face was hidden away in her palm.
"You can stay, we have a guest bedroom...oh wait Emelie is using that, I'm sure Adrien's room has an extra mattress." Gabriel answered Felix's question.
Felix nodded back at Gabriel, and then he continued to awkwardly stand in the middle of the room, just watching all of this chaos.
"I-is it true?" Adrien looked up at Gabriel and Nathalie.
"Is wha-"
"That she's Mayura!"
"Adrien she was only helping me."
"Great! Lovely! Good idea father, 'ooo lemme get my assistant to dress up as a bird and destroy the whole of Paris!'" Adrien said in a stupid voice while he pushed away Emelie who was hugging him, and now the kid was walking towards Nathalie with a threatening look.
Nathalie stayed where she way and just continued to hide in Gabriel's arms.
"Why would you do such a thing for my father?! Did he pay you?! Did he force you?!"
Adrien's voice kept getting louder and louder and so did Nathalie's sobs.
"Okay Adrien that's enough, leave her alone!" Gabriel said once he saw how scared Nathalie got.
"NO! I won't go anywhere until you tell me why you did this!!" The kid reached out go grab onto Nathalie's red turtleneck and he forcefully pulled her out of Gabriel's protective hug.
"WHY DID YOU DO IT!!??!!??" He kept shaking the poor woman until she couldn't hold herself up, and she collapsed onto the floor.
"ADRIEN ENOUGH!" Gabriel caught Nathalie before she could've hit the floor and seriously injured herself.
"Says you who forced her to do such violent things for you!!" Adrien kept shouting at his father.
"No-no he didn't do anything wrong. I did this because-...I love him." Nathalie's quiet response made the whole mansion go dead silent, and Adrien's heartbeat stop for a split second.

To be continued-

To be honest I wouldn't have thought I would post this chapter anytime soon.
Hope you guys liked it. ❤️
I don't know if I will continue this book soon, but we'll see how much people like it, and if many people like it I'll focus more on this book.
Also this was my first ever Gabenath book, but when "his assistant" kept getting more famous I focused more on that book, and kind of lost interest in continuing this book. But if it makes people happy that I post to this book, I'll do it ❤️.