7

Nathalie walked away into her room and buried her hard in her pillow. Gabriel walked past her room and heard sobbing. He knocked on the half open door.
"Can I come in?" He asked.
"No,no don't please leave me alone." Nathalie wiped her tears away.
He walked in anyway.
"Gabriel I said get out." She mumbled.
He sat down next to her while she had a complete mental breakdown.
"I am sorry" he said.
"What no! It was my fault I got mad at Amalie and-"
"Yes I heard"
"You did?" Nathalie was terrified.
She has said some thing to Amalie witch should have stayed between them. But now Nathalie was scared for life...Gabriel might have liked her but what she said there was unacceptable. What if she gets fired? Amalie would be so happy but Nathalie couldn't bare the thought of her loosing this job.
"I-I know what I said was unacceptable but please don't fire me." She begged.
"Fire you? What never! Nathalie you will be here with me till the very end."

*at dinner*

The whole family was together. Amalie, Gabriel, Adrien and Felix. Nathalie watched them from a distance while she finished up some work.
Later when they finished dinner Adrien came to the office where Nathalie was working and closed the door behind him.
Nathalie did not realize it was Adrien and not Gabriel.
"Sir?" She kept her eyes on the screen.
"Well not quite" Adrien's voice answered.
"Oh I am so sorry Adrien...what do you need?" She stood up.
"I need to talk to you." He sat on the sofa.
Nathalie knew what she was getting herself into. The kid wanted to know what all of that yelling was about.
"So...you and father?" Adrien didn't finish his sentence.
"Well Adrien you see I got mad at your aunt and well...ugh *cough* said some things I should have not. I apologize." Nathalie explained.
"No...I mean the thing father said..." Adrien mumbled.
"I didn't hear what he said." Nathalie looked at Adrien.
"Oh...well he said he was moving on and uhhhh that Amalie shouldn't get involved." Adrien explained.
Nathalie blushed heavily and Gabriel walked in on them talking.
"Adrien? Felix is waiting for you!"
"Father can you please tell me-"
"Adrien!" He raised his voice.
Adrien walked out of the room disappointed that he didn't get any information.
"What did he want" Gabriel asked.
"Just about earlier today." She stood up and at her desk.
"I am sorry I don't think we can lie ourselves out of this one." Gabriel sighed.
"I don't think anyone will believe this. It is quite ridiculous." She started typing.
"You think?"
"Gabriel as much as I love you I am your assistant...this is not meant to be."
"But...you can be my wife." He mumbled quietly.
Nathalie eyes flew wide open she didn't just hear him say that. Oh but she did she really hear him say that.
"You can just quit this job and be with me."
"That would make a horrible text on the newspaper." She joked.
Amalie walked in the door and they broke the eye contact.
"So Nathalie where are the marriage files?" Amalie asked with a fake smile.
"Amalie!" Gabriel was annoyed by her.
"So you want me to print them." Nathalie said with a smirk.
"How dare you...disgusting." She rolled her eyes.
Nathalie continued to respond to the emails while Amalie and Gabriel left the room.
Amalie went up to her room and fell asleep while Gabriel went to the kitchen to make coffee.
Nathalie heard the coffee maker turn of and she left to see what it was m.
"Sir why are you drinking coffee it is 10pm?"
"I need Mayura." He whispered and he turned the coffee machine off.
She reached for the peacock miraculous that was usually on the side of her blazer but she couldn't feel it. Her face went pale. Did she loose it?
"Gabriel! I can't find it." She knew she couldn't transform. He turned around with a frightened face.

*meanwhile*

Amalie woke up and she knew Gabriel was hiding Emelie in the basement. She went down to see her sister who lied in a coffin and Amalie pulled out the peacock miraculous from her pocket.
"I have been waiting for this day Sister."
She put the miraculous on her blazer and Duusu flew up in excitement.
"Miss Nathalie I have missed you-you are not Miss Nathalie?" Duusu was scared and confused.
"I am not Nathalie that disgusting woman. Now obey me and Duusu spread my feathers." Amalie raised her voice and both Nathalie and Gabriel heard her. They gave each other a very petrified look and ran down to the basement.
"Amalie-" Nathalie looked at her transformed into Mayura.
"Nathalie...I was waiting for you. Now you get what you deserve." She threw her away.
"Amalie stop!" Gabriel screamed as he caught Nathalie.
Mayura released an amok that flew to Emelie. The amok hit Emelie and her unconscious body was controlled by Amalie.
"NOOOO!" Gabriel screamed.
"Emelie look around your husband has betrayed you. He said he won't love another woman but look at him now sleeping with his assistant." Mayura spoke to Emelie and she woke up.
"Emelie..." Gabriel fell to his knees.
"Gabriel...I missed you." Emelie said with her soft voice.
Gabriel was destroyed he finally let go of Emelie but the way she spoke to him melted his heart. Nathalie lied on the floor unconscious.
"Mayura stop." He begged.
"Not until you love her."
"I do love her but she is dead I can't keep hurting Nathalie."
"She is alive now."
"I beg you stop." He didn't want to look at his wife. He was afraid his mind couldn't handle it.
"Gabriel you don't love me anymore?" Emelie walked closer to him.
"I do I do but this is all an illusion! Get away from me." His eyes were focused on the floor.
"That hurts my feelings I have been good to you Gabriel. I have loved you with all my heart. We have a family and you just say go away to me. What has gotten into you? You are not the Gabriel Agreste I know. That Nathalie has changed you. You really thought Nathalie could replace me?" Emelie was walking closer to him.
"STOP!" He yelled as he shook his head.
"You gave up on me so easily. You never wanted me back. You are the worst husband ever!! Adrien deserves a much better father that you." She yelled at him.
Nathalie got up with the last bit of energy she had, and threw her heels at Mayura.
Mayura fell on the floor and that gave enough time for Nathalie to take the miraculous off of her.
Emelie was about to kneel down to Gabriel when she perished away.
Nathalie fell to the ground and Gabriel looked up to see his wife and she was back in the coffin.
Amalie was also on the floor and had a huge blue spot on her forehead where Nathalie's shoe hit her.

To be continued-