39

Within a few hours, the idea of Nathalie being apart of the Agrestes had already faded from the assistant's mind.

Now, she sat in the hospital's waiting room, outside of where her superior lied unconscious.

Her eyes were glued to the door, waiting for a doctor, a nurse, or just any medical professional to come out and give her an update on Gabriel.

They said they'd run a few test and attempt to get more information about the grey haired man's state, however, it had been hours since she got told these.

As of right now it felt like nothing was happening.

At this point waiting was becoming unbearable, all Nathalie could do was fidget nervously in her chair and hope for the best.

Beside her, the blond boy had noticed the woman's anxious behavior, so, almost instantly he laid his hand on top of hers and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"He will be fine Nath." Adrien's voice somewhat calmed the woman down.

She felt like it was a heartwarming gesture from the teenager, the way he smiled at her, his hands laid protectively on hers, the boy was almost like his father.

This thought helped the assistant's worries a bit, however, she couldn't fully stop being hesitant;

"Are you sure he-"

"I promise." Adrien cut her off before she could've said anything further "Father will be perfectly okay."

Ironically enough in that same second that the teenager had finished his sentence, a loud noise from the room echoed out into the waiting area.

Nathalie would've liked to jump up and rush inside the room, but once again, the blond boy's gentle touch calmed her down.

"Nath, don't worry." He whispered. "Instead how about we go get some coffee?"

"Since when do you like coffee Adrien?"

The teenager went silent by this question.

Truth was that he didn't like coffee, instead the boy much more preferred a nice hot chocolate, or tea, except in this moment Adrien knew that his stepmom needed something to cheer her up.

Therefore, what better way to do it than getting her favorite drink with her in order to take the woman's mind off of this tragic reality.

"Nath I simply wanted to be nice to you." The teenager sighed. "So I would've liked to distract you from this for a little while."

"Oh Adrien." The assistant couldn't help but smile at his considerate words. "That is very sweet of you...but..."

"Come on!" He whined. "Just a few minutes!"

"Fine." Nathalie rolled her eyes sarcastically as she got up from her chair and very unenthusiastically began to follow the blond boy.

Adrien had of course noticed his stepmom's still depressed expression and behavior, so while walking to the cafeteria he nudged her with his elbow a bit.

"I'll pay." The teenager said to which the assistant almost immediately disagreed:

"Please, that won't be necessary."