5

*night time*
Nathalie was in her room having an anxiety attack and trying to figure out where she left her journal.
Maybe the office...no I never take my journal there...hmmm where was I today?? She was anxious. It suddenly hit her. She gasped as she slowly started to mouth "his room" her face went pale. It was a few minutes before midnight so if she would make an effort to show up at his room and if someone would see she would definitely be suspicious. But it was her journal where she kept her deepest darkest secrets she couldn't risk him reading it. Little did she know he already read some of it.
She quietly got up from her bed and tiptoed across the hallway. She stood in front of his door and slowly pushed it open. Luckily the door opened smoothly. As she looked around the room she gasped when she saw her journal on his table. Gabriel quickly woke up as he heard her gasp.
"Nat-Nathalie?" He asked as he was rubbing his eyes. She snatched the journal and ran off to her room where she locked herself in. He ran after her and collided into her door.
"Nathalie open the door" he knocked loudly on her door.
The light turned on in the hallway and the door where Amelie was sleeping opened. If she would see him banging on Nathalie's door in the middle of the night he would seem pretty suspicious. Gabriel panicked. Nathalie also acknowledged that someone was about to see Gabriel so she opened the door. Gabriel was lying on the door trying to get in when Nathalie opened the door and he fell on her.
She quickly slammed the door shut.
*knock knock*
"Nathalie are you alright?" Amelie asked.
"Ummmm yeah perfectly fine" she said as Gabriel was on top of her. He didn't wanna move because if he made a noise Amelie could make some rumors no one wanted to hear.
"Why did you slam the door?" She asked again.
"I-I-forgot to close the window so the breeze must have shut my door. Sorry." Nathalie exhaled.
"Oh ok good night" she left.
They both waited for her to go back to her room and when they heard her switch the lights off they were safe.
She sighed and waited for Gabriel to get off of her but he didn't even move.
"Ummm sir?" She stared at him.
"Yes?" He smirked.
Suddenly her stomach was filled with butterflies.
Umm-I-I...go...to bed..." she mumbled nonsense.
He looked over to her hand and saw she was holding the journal.
Nathalie saw he was looking at her journal she pushed him off of her and and he fell against the wall which made quite a noise but thankfully no one woke up.
"Why was my journal on your night stand?" She was mad.
"I-I found it in your room and I couldn't help but look inside and-"
"Look inside!!!!! You read it?!!" She screamed.
He quickly covered her mouth with his hand so she would wake anyone.
She tried to tear his hand away form her face but he was holding her too tight.
"Yes I did read some of it please don't scream" he whispered as he let go of her face.
Her face froze in fear she knew what she had written down in there and she didn't want him to know but it was too late.
"Get out" she was serious
"I can't what if Amelie will wake up again." He said.
"Then you will explain how you are a nosy bitch who can't mind his own business." She was furious.
He had never seen her with such a temper but he loved it.
"Well gotta admit I am glad I could steal your heart." He quoted from her journal.
At this point she could have committed murder but she still needed a good paying job so she decided not to.
"If you weren't my boss right now I would have killed you already" she looked him dead in the eye.
"Well I am your boss...so what will you do now?" He grabbed her neck and pulled her face closer to his.
"Mhhmmm I don't know maybe marry you." She smirked.
"Good option" he kissed her and left to his room.

*in the morning*

Nathalie woke up extra early to make sure breakfast was ready for everyone. She checked upon Gabriel and he was still sleeping or it seemed like that. She slowly closed the door and started to walk away for his room when someone grabbed her by the waist and as she turned around it was him.
"I am sorry for waking you up" she tried to take his hands off her.
"Don't worry I am going back to sleep." He smirked .
Nathalie was so confused. How does one wake up and then continue sleeping? Why did he wake up in the first place? Well all of those questions got answered when he picked her up and brought her to his room. He slowly shut the door as Nathalie sat on his bed. He looked into her sparking eyes.
" I-I need to go do some work. I have lots of emails to respond to-" she tried to get out of there.
"No you don't" he knew she was lying.
She was indeed lying she just didn't want anyone to see them like this.
"Gabriel if someone finds us-"
"Nathalie it is 5am no one wakes up this early." He got a point tho. Nathalie didn't know what to do she couldn't get out of there.
"Nathalie explain this" he said as he help up her journal.
"Pain makes people change" she explained.
He felt that, she spoke straight up facts. Ever since Emelie fell in a coma he wasn't happy until he relished Nathalie was an option to bring him happiness.
"I understand but...it seems you... like me?."
"I do" she blushed.
"But I understand you only have eyes for Emelie." She added.
"No actually...you are quite addicting." He looked away.
What now !!? He did like her???? Nathalie was confused but she was pretty sure this was reality.
"What? But I-" she mumbled
"You are my assistant, I understand if you don't want this type of relationship. I will do my best to hide my feeling then." He looked serious.
"Gabriel I want you" her eyes were full of tears.

To be continued-