20

Although Adrien expected his mother to completely freak out, instead she just smiled at how adorable Gabriel and Nathalie looked together.
"C'mon Adrien, go to your room." Emelie said as she tried to distract the kid.
"What no! You knew father was cheating on you with Nathalie!??!!?"
"He wasn't, he was moving on, but then I came back to life and-...I ruined everything. We were going to get a divorce anyway." Emelie completely forgot she didn't yet tell Adrien about their divorce, but it was too late because the kid was already freaking out.
"A WHAT-?????"
"A d-divorce...I'm sorry Adrien I forgot I didn't tell you."
"Well thanks for telling me now!" Adrien turned away from everyone and ran to his room, where he locked the door.
"S-should I go after him?" Felix questioned.
"No, let him be. Anyways it's time to sign the divorce papers, I'll be in the office." Said Emelie as she walked into the office and left the others alone.
Nathalie's crying has stopped but she was still hiding in Gabriel's hug, while Felix awkwardly stood watching the two adults.
"Maybe you could go after Adrien." Gabriel said as he got kind of annoyed by the ongoing stare Felix gave them.
The kid nodded and also left so now it was only Gabriel and Nathalie left.
"I'm sorry, it's all my fault Adrien is mad." Nathalie almost started to cry again, but Gabriel interrupted that.
"If we're blaming people then blame me, I was the one that took soooo long to move on from Emelie, and I shouldn't have ever put you in danger to bring her back. I should've gave her a proper burial and then moved on. Now if you'll excuse me I have a marriage to end." Gabriel kissed Nathalie's forehead before also disappearing into the office where Emelie awaited him.
Without a word he easily signed the papers and now that both of their signatures were written down onto the divorce papers their marriage was officially over.
"I'll move out soon, and find my own house." Emelie said while looking at her own portrait that lead to the secret hideaway Hawk Moth had.
"Oh-...if you wish I won't stop you."
"And-and we need to figure out who Adrien is staying with."
"I think he hates me right now and sees me as a cheater, so I suppose you should have him until he forgives me. But of course Nathalie and I are happy to have him anytime."
"Alright I'll take him." She spoke of her son as if he was some 'object' you could take anywhere with you. And with that decision their conversation ended, both adults left separate ways, Gabriel going back to Nathalie who was waiting for him, while Emelie went up to her room and immediately started to pack her bag.

*later*

Now the clock showed 8pm. The two teenage boys were up in Adrien's room paying some video game, while the adults were downstairs doing their own things. Emelie was sitting alone in the kitchen searching the internet for available houses. Gabriel and Nathalie however we're in the living room watching the news, Gabriel was laying back on the couch, that they'd pulled out so now it was a bed, while Nathalie was laying next to him, her shoulder leaned against his.
"Nadja Chamack here with a new guest who is about to give us a very interesting interview!" Nadja said from the news Gabriel and Nathalie were watching, and slowly the camera shifted to show a very familiar face...Amelie.
Gabriel jumped when he saw the face of his ex-wife's sister on the television screen, and Nathalie who was half asleep got alarmed by his action.
"W-what is it." Nathalie said while searching for her glasses.
Gabriel didn't answer.
He was nervously waiting for what Amelie was going to say.
"Gabriel! What is it-...oh not her again." Once Nathalie's vision got cleared she could see why Gabriel was distracted.
"And you would think my life is alright-...well NO! My sister's now ex-husband's girlfriend is Mayura herself!!" Amelie said that on public television.
"HEY!! I'm not even his girlfriend!!" Nathalie shouted aggressively at the TV while also cursing at Amelie.
"Soon darling soon you'll be mine, but how about we first get rid of her!?" Gabriel pointed to the face of Amelie which seemed awfully wicked from Nathalie's perspective. While Nathalie made a grumpy kid face and was busy point her middle-finger at Amelie's face Gabriel had pulled her closer and started to stroke her hair in hopes she would stop her fussing.
"Omg I'm so sorry!!! She's insane!!" Emelie flung the living room door open and ran right into one of Gabriel and Nathalie 'interesting' conversation. She'd just heard the news and Emelie was also furious at her sister.
"Y-yeah we heard." Gabriel said as he stopped holding Nathalie's face and with his blushing face he looked at his ex-wife, signaling her to leave.
"Oh-...sorry, I-I'll just leave-...and like you know. Okay I'll shut up-...and leave."
Well that was awkward, but at least she left.
"I swear I'll prove she's Mayura!!" That was the last thing both adults heard of Amelie's voice before they both drifted into a peaceful slumber.

*later*

Nathalie woke up to the TV still shouting, and she realized they both fell asleep on the couch-bed. Her first reaction was to wake up Gabriel, but as soon as she saw his face she couldn't bring herself to wake him. Instead she carefully took his glasses and placed them onto the table alongside with hers, after turning off the TV she was about to layback on Gabriel when she realized he had moved.
"Want to move to 'our' room or is this place comfortable?" Was the first question of Gabriel that made Nathalie realize she did wake him up.
"It's comfortable here, sorry for waking you."
"I wasn't sleeping anyway."
"Oh sorry it's probably also my fault"
"Stop blaming yourself Nathalie, and for your information you were just perfectly comfortable, and also kinda acted as a great blanket."
His words left a red blush on her face, but thankfully it was very dark in the room and none of them had their glasses on, so they couldn't see a thing.
"Well then let me continue being your blanket." Nathalie said as she hugged him, and Gabriel put an arm around her, so with no further action they both fell into their dreams.

To be continued-

Y'all are too sweet I swear. The support and comments on chapter 19 are just so adorable, my heart melted while I was reading them. ❤️❤️