Chapter 49: My Happiness

Cassie took a deep breath releasing it slowly as a soft smile lifted her lips. She looked around her and couldn't believe how far she had come. Her eyes rolling over the vast mountains in the distance and the running horses in the pastor near her home. Her own beautiful brown stallion roaming around. The guitar laying flat across her lap as she soaked up all the beauty of the land surrounding her. 

"Princess"

She turned her head finding Keith leaning against the door frame. She had been sitting in her own private spot for the good part of the morning. She removed the blanket from her lap setting it aside and grabbing her guitar in one hand. Keith held out his hand for her that she took with ease. They stepped back into their home locking the door to the back patio. Keith gently took her guitar setting it on the stand he had placed near the door specifically for her. She wrapped her free hand around his arm leaning against his side as they walked towards the front door. 

Cassie and Jackson had returned to Texas for about two weeks now. They had gotten into a routine of spending breakfast and dinners together. Both were at Natalia and Jackson's home. The girls would jam out and dance around as they boys just sat watching them and talking about anything and everything. Keith has simmer down about Jackson especially after Cassie mentioned he had talked about proposing even before knowledge of the baby. Evenings were spent in the comfort of their respectable homes. 

Nat and Cassie still ride every morning together but now she rides on her boy, Outlaw. She couldn't believe Nat and Keith got them horses but she just loved her stallion. He was gentle with her and she learned how to take excellent care of him. She fell in love with that stud which resulted in a slightly jealous Keith. After their morning rides, the girls would make breakfast for the boys. 

It had become a comfortable routine and gave Cassie the time to focus back to just enjoy the simple things she once loved. She wrote songs that had incredible meaning to her, and about the people she loved most. She had turned off all outside sources to media other than Instagram. She post on it but doesn't bother to check the comments or likes. She realized she didn't care what people thought anymore. She had Nat and Keith, and a brother in Jackson. It was a family in itself and she couldn't be happier. 

Jackson was working remotely from Texas now and spending all his spare time with Nat who had no objections to it. She had seen the couple go riding in the middle of the day together and even sneak into her office a few times. Their love was growing immensely and she loved to watch it unfold. She had never seen Nat act like this and she was thrilled for her. Jackson had also decided to make a surprise for the family which leads to today. 

HONK HONK

They open the door to their home finding Nat hanging out of the window of a limousine. Cass couldn't help but giggle and run to her leaving Keith to grab their bags. Nat pushed the door open as Cass jumped in landing on her making both girls laugh. 

"Love, please be-"

"Jax..." Nat warns him in a low voice. Cass gets off of her nodding to Jackson who gives a nod back. 

"Bro! LET'S GO!" Nat yells out the open door. 

The sound of the trunk shuts and Keith climbs in. Nat moves to sit on the opposite couch next to Jackson who wraps his arm around her shoulders as she gets comfortable with her feet up on the bench. Cass leans against Keith who then lifts his arm allowing her to lay against him. Jackson taps the window behind him and the driver begins to drive. 

"So now will you tell us where we are going?" Cass asks looking to Jackson. 

The man just smirks in return before kissing the top of Nat's head. "He won't tell me either."