Chapter 25: Thunder Rolls

"Ma'am, do you have a sec?"

Nat looks up from the papers in her office to find one of the ranch hands. She nods as he steps to the side, a familiar face greeting her. She gets up with a gentle smile as she walks to the door. Trunk of arms wrap around her in a vice grip. 

"You ready to get started Talia?"

"Let's do this Julio"

He keeps his arm around her shoulder pulling her out of the office she has been held up in for a few days now. Her office located in the front of the stables allowing her for to be close to her true loves. A neigh catches her attention as she turns to find Shadow galloping directly at her. She stands looking directly at him as he comes to an abrupt halt in front of her. A smile tugs at her lips as she reaches up to run her fingers down the length of his face. He snickers while a low whistle is heard beside her. She glances over to find Julio standing watching with a grin. 

"That damn horse will kill anyone but won't lay a hoof to you."

She laughs gently turning back to pat her horse before turning to begin walking out. The sounds of his hooves resonating in the stable as he follows her out. They come out in the Texas heat to find Keith in the corral with Oakley. She walks over along with Julio and Shadow. She gets to the gate and whistles making Keith whip his head to her before turning Oakley towards her and galloping to her. 

"Hey I'm taking Julio to the spot, you comin?" 

Keith nods his head while Julio walks over to open the gate allowing them out. Keith slides off of Oakley's back before giving her a nice rub and pat to her back. The horse snickers before turning and prancing around Shadow. The horses begin playing and running around while the trio continue walking. 

"So have you talked to her?" Julio asks Talia. She shakes her head negatively. 

"I was going to but something came up and she left abruptly. You sure you and your team are up for the job?"

Julio holds his chest mocking offended as he gasp. "Ouch, no faith?"

Talia rolls her eyes before nudging his shoulder. Keith then throws in arm around her shoulder making her look up to him. He smiles down fondly at her. 

"I swear you two are closer than any siblings I've seen."

"You have a little brother Julio" Keith remarks looking to him. 

"Yea well we wrestle, you two... well hug?" He says it more like a question making all three tumble over in laughter. 

The wind picks up causing the dust from the road to spiral. All three holding their hats down so they don't blow off. Talia turns as they finally arrive at a clearing. Julio stops behind her along with Keith. She opens her arms as she begins gesturing what she is envisioning while explaining exactly what she wants. Julio nods his head from time to time while Keith comments on what he thinks would be options. After 20 minutes, they begin walking back to her office where she has the paperwork and layouts she created. Keith leans over the blueprints making subtle changes that will be better and Natalia agrees. After another hour, Maria is calling them in for lunch. Julio excuses himself letting her know he will have the crew out here tomorrow to get started. 

Natalia gets a text from Jax telling her to turn on the TV. She directs Keith to sit down with her as they watch. It was an interview with Cass. Keith sat up leaning forward with his elbows on his knees while watching intently. Nat just sat back in the couch amused at her brother as they began listening. 

As expected the interviewer tried prying information out of Cass but Nat was proud of how she handled herself. She was sure her tongue would have been a lot more loose if she was there.