Chapter 11: I Turn to You

Cass sighed closing the door as the infamous blue truck pulled out of her driveway. Her mind replaying everything that had occurred in the last few days. The departure of a man she thought she new and trusted with the arrival of her soul mate. She truly did believe that Nat was born to be her other half. A sister that she never had growing up, a best friend she wished for in her high school years, and now... her rock. Cass slowly allowed her legs to lead her to the only place she knew could help in this moment. Finding the very first guitar she ever owned, she sat down in her living room as her fingers strung down. 

A moment of nostalgic overpowering her present. This was a gift from Nat the Christmas after they became friends. She confessed to her friend that she wished to learn how to play. Not even two months later this guitar was presented to her. Nat wrote on the card 'Pursue your dreams, not some one elses'. 

Her mind with continuous thought about Nat as she begins a tune. Her voice lulling throughout the quietness of her home. She smiles as the words just come to her of an old song that holds such an important meaning to her. 

When I'm lost, in the rain, in your eyes
I know I'll find the light to light my way.
When I'm scared, losing ground, when my world is going crazy,
You can turn it all around yes
And when I'm down you're there pushing me to the top.
You're always there givin' me all you've got.
For a shield from the storm, for a friend for a love to keep me safe and warm, I turn to you.
For the strength to be strong, for the will to carry on,
For everything you do for everything that's true I turn to you, yes.

An old song that Cass sang so long ago in a karaoke bar with Nat present. Christina Aguilera was always one of her favorites growing up. She continues singing the song allowing everything else to evaporate. She finishes the song and feels her chest heave up and down. She decides to have some fun. Setting up her camera stand, she begins recording as she sits back down. 

"Hello everyone, I wanted to thank everyone for your ongoing love and support. This is an old classic song of one of my idols... I hope everyone enjoys it."

Pouring all her current feelings into the song. The song coming from deep within as the words sing out as if they were her own. 

When I lose the will to win I just reach for you and I can reach the sky again.
I can do anything, 'cause your love is so amazing,
Cause your love inspires me. And when I need a friend you're always on my side,
Givin' me faith to get me through the night.
For a shield (for a shield)
From the storm (from the storm)
For a friend, for a love to keep me safe and warm.
I turn to you. (I turn to you)
For the strength (for the strength)
To be strong for the will to carry on.
For everything you do I turn to you.

She hits the high note drowning her pain and happiness in that moment. Finishing the song with a lull. She takes a moment with her eyes downcasted before standing up to stop the camera. She goes to her computer ready to upload the video. She didn't want to look over the video, it was the true Cass. Hair in a low messy bun with a comfortable dress. No makeup, no filters... just her. 

After uploading it, she sat back down to pick up her guitar however a loud knock stops her. She glances at the clock with furrowed eyebrows. It was way to early for Nat and she was given a key. Cautiously, she stands up walking to the door slowly. Her phone held tightly in her grip just in case. 

"Come on Cassie, Open Up!"

She feels her happiness evaporate hearing the voice of her most recent mistake wafting through the door. Her shoulders slack as she takes the final steps to the door. Pressing her forehead to the door. She can't find herself to open the door. 

"Go home Landon.. please"

"No no no Cassie... come on sexy!" He pounds on the door making Cass jump back. "You owe me. Open this damn door!"