Chapter 15: Getting her Way

"Absolutely not"

"Come on Nat"

"It aint happening"

Cass groans from the passenger seat of Luke. They have been on the road for less than a half an hour and Cass wants to try driving. She has NEVER driven stick before. Nat looks over to find Cass with her arms crossed with an adorable pout. Nat could almost laugh at how much she looks like a child who didn't get there way. Glancing in her rearview mirror, she sees Jax following behind her. A small smile tugging at her lips. He met up with them less than an half an hour after she sent the text to him. Hearing another loud huff, she looks over to find Cass acting overly dramatic. Rolling her eyes she slows down parking on the side of the road. Jax parking behind her before getting out. Cass glances over to her friend with a grin. She knows she won as Nat curses under her breath. Cass claps her hands together while Nat jumps out of the truck. Jax walking up to her. 

"Everything okay?"

"Probably not..." Nat says looking as Cass scoots over to the driver seat before sticking her tongue out at Nat. Jackson can't help but chuckle at her cheekiness. He has never seen her act like this. He can't recall a time where she wasn't... well proper. "Shoot me now"

Jackson snorts at Nat who slouches in defeat. This earns him a punch to the shoulder. Nat begins walking around the back end of her truck as Jackson stays in step with her. Right before she turns to go around her bed, he tugs her arm back pecking her lips. She stands there slightly shocked before he gently taps her butt to have her begin moving. She walks completely in a daze to the passenger seat while Jax can't help but smirk at her. 

"What first?" Cass asks excited from the drive seat. 

"Huh" Cass rolls her eyes but repeats herself regardless. Nat shakes her snapping out of it. "Put your foot on the pedal next to the brake. It's called a clutch."

"Okay... got it"

"Now turn the key on" Cass does so and the truck rolls to life. "Good, now while the truck is in neutral, push on the brake"

"Wait is it in neutral?" Nat leans over checking the spots and showing Cass who nods in return. 

"Yes, now... push on the brake and then put it in first gear." 

Cass does so while watching her feet. "Wait, what about the clutch?"

"Slowly ease off of the clutch while pressing on the accelerator." Cass does so but the truck dies and they lurch forward slightly. "It's alright Cass... try again."

After 3 more failed attempts she gets it going but doesn't get the concept of shifting gears. Nat tries to stay patient but worries for the safety of her truck. After the fifth attempt, Cass gets it.

"I DID IT!"

Nat looks to her face to see how happy she is. Cass was like this in college as well. When she got something, like really got it... the self pride was the best thing. Cass looked like a champion. 

"Yes you did... now slowly pull over." Cass furrows her brows but slowly pulls over the deserted high way regardless. 

"Why did I pull over?"

"Cause Luke is my baby and I'm driving."

Cass' jaw slacks but regardless Nat shoos her hands telling her to get out of the driver seat. Still completely dumbfounded, she gets out and finds Jackson getting out as well. This time walking up to her. 

"You okay Cassie?" She stands there with her mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water but no words coming out. They both turn to look in the window to find Nat happily in the driver seat with a victory grin on her lips before sticking her tongue out like Cass previously did. He rolls his eyes realizing what has happened. "Want to drive my car for a while?"