Chapter 9: Discoveries

Jackson was finishing a call when his boss waltzed into his office. He raised a brow while motioning a finger for him to hold on a moment. Tate didn't mind him and walked behind his desk. Jackson was quick to finish the call with the client. Hanging up the phone, he turns around to find Tate working the radio. He turns up one of the channels as the announcer begins filtering into his office.

"Welcome Ms. Lyndel to Buzz 103.6!"

"Thank you everyone for having me."

Jackson leans back in his chair while Tate stares at the stereo like it was a television. He crosses his arms not aware that she had a interview today. 

"Well I can honestly say I love your music Cassie! You are still at the top of the charts in pop music. Your second album I understand has went double platinum, is that correct?"

Jackson can hear multiple clapping in the background. Tate begins chewing on one of his nails. Studying his habits, Jackson realizes he is nervous. 

"Yea, it was announced to me last week I believe. I am very lucky to have the fans that I have and the team to back me up."

"Speaking of team, I see we have an additional guest with us here today."

"Yes, I have my best friend and better half here with me today."

"Well, it's good to have a great support team. You are currently with Marx Records?"

"Yes, have been with them since the beginning. They have an amazing team put in place and helped me every step of the away."

"I see here that your manager is Landon Bounds..."

Tate curses out loud while Jackson waits to hear her answer. 

"Actually, I am currently working with Jackson Fillmore. He is a talented manager and I am lucky to have him."

Tate whips his head to Jackson, but he doesn't pay any attention to him and continues listening. 

"Oh? I was under the impression that you and Mr. Bounds were in a relationship?"

Both men in the office go silent with their eyes trained on the box. A giggle is heard before she answers. Tate is literally holding his breath. 

"You can't believe everything the tabloids print. He is an agent at Marx Records that I did work previously with however now I am currently working with Mr. Fillmore. He is an excellent fit for my music at this time."

"So Landon and you were never in a relationship?"

"Like I said, he was my manager."

Tate sighs a breath of relief and goes to sit in a chair in front of Jackson's desk. Jackson goes to stand up turning it off and pauses at the reporters next line. 

"Well the tabloids have also spotted Mr. Bounds with his new artist."

"Well... this is his private life and I- I have no words in regards to that."

Jackson can hear how her voice changed and instantly goes to his computer searching for Landon Bounds in the news. Instantly images pop of him with Tate's new artist. Tate gets up coming around to look at the computer. The pictures are explicitly showing him and her all over each other. Jackson listens to the interview while Tate grips his desk glaring at his computer. 

"Well, we hope Mr. Fillmore helps you produce your next big hit!"

"We are currently in the mix of our next record. His input has helped me greatly along with my muse."