david goggins, i'm here for you little guy.

There is this popular marathon-runner-army-bad ass-"hard motherfucker" who's whole brand is mainly based around working out super intensely until his feet bleed and living a very strict, uncomfortable lifestyle to "toughen up" his already impenetrable mind. His name is David Goggins., There are lots of fitness and self-improvement influencers out there just like him as well. Don't get me wrong David. Sometimes you are a helpful and motivational fucker, but when I'm not in the "I need to get this shit done" mindset, you seem almost sad to me. I just get this gut feeling that you are still just trying to prove to everyone how tough you are just because that's what you've let consume your entire identity. Maybe at this point you feel like you can't go back, because being stone-hearted and insanely disciplined is your whole personality and whole job and whole life, and if you go back now we will all see it's been an act, and you will feel like a liar. I want to let you know, David, that if you want to get into comedy, or become a kindergarten teacher (or obtain any other contradictory-to-your-personality job), I will support you, if no one else does, and that is an *insert my name here* guarantee. I want to help you out David, and I feel for you a lot. I see you, David, and I'm here. I'm not going anywhere.

Maybe I'm just lazy or stupid or something. Maybe that little bit I did there was to distract myself (and you) from the fact that I won't work out at 2 in the morning in freezing rain not because I'm not clinically insane, but because I'm a pussy BITCH. Who knows. Maybe I'm just running from the weak person inside of me because I don't want to confront him. Or maybe its not healthy to workout when your in immense physical pain, but what do I know?

All I'm saying is, when David Goggins is no longer able to physically harm himself via overexercise, and he has to evaluate his life decisions, don't say I didn't see it coming when he finally confesses that all he ever wanted to do was open up a bakery that specialized in scones.