Chapter 7- Distance

Business formal he says. What the fuck do I need to be business formal for? We're just picking up paperwork. 

"What are you thinking about?" I stepped into the shower behind him.

"You." He turned to me, "your body, your mind, your... words." His voice rose just barely above the shower. 

"I'm sorry. I may have gone too far." I took his rag and washed his chest, he chuckled and shook his head.

"I wish we could've gone farther." He pulled me closer. I  reached up to kiss him as he caressed my ass. 

"But we can." I traced over his tattoos. 'Even angels fall' 

"Just wait a while longer. I want everything to be perfect. No interruptions, just you, me, a candlelit bedroom, and a bottle of wine."

"Why?" I whispered. He ran his hand over my cheek brushing ever so gently running his thumb over my lip.

"Because you're the only woman I ever loved that loved me back." He hugged me to him, our wet bodies stark naked as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"They lied to me... cheated on me... used me... but not you. You never lied to me, you never used me, you never... cheated on me. But I left you, I was selfish. I knew you were going through shitty times with your family, I knew I was the only shoulder for you to lean on... yet I still... abandoned you." He reminded me yet again. I could feel tears well in my eyes. 

That year my youngest brother died of cancer, my younger sister ran away to get away from our toxic parents and the only true family I had left was King and my eldest sister. 

King was my boyfriend at the time, I confided in him for everything, and my sister was grown, I never wanted to bother because she had her own life. 

King was like my saviour. I would stay at his house for weeks at a time only going home to get a change of clothes. We were so close we even talked about getting eloped. 

Shortly after he just left me. I was left in the deepest pit of despair for years. I hated him for so long. He made me vulnerable. Susceptible to all the wounds my parents cut into me. 

After I finally grew old enough to leave my parents... I began to hear about King, seeing his face on the news made my heart melt for him. 

But hearing it all again out of his mouth made me uncomfortable.

"I should get ready." I pushed him away and stepped out of the shower. I hadn't even had the chance to clean myself properly.  

Damn it.

I lotioned my legs and gathered the components for my outfit. One black pencil skirt, one long sleeve business shirt, one cummerbund, and a pair of black heels, and a corset. 

Let's get this show on the road. 

*
*
*

"Hey, I'm sorry about what- Holy hell." King walked in fixing his tie. 

"What?" I brushed past him and back into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"You're as sexy as fuck." He slapped my ass. 

"You're one to talk," I mumbled. He looked at me through the mirror and tilted his head.

"Did you say something?"

"No."

*
*
*

"I'm sorry about all the things I said in there. I know how much you hate the past." King rubbed my thigh. I pushed his hand away and leaned my head on the window.