Chapter (24)

"I'm fine, let's go home." I smile at Alfred, who seems to be puzzled, then he cups my cheeks as if realizing there was something on my face.

Alfred: "(Y/n), you didn't eat anything? You look a little pale." He says with worry slightly written in his face.

"No, but once we get home I will." I hold his hand and begin walking but he doesn't move.

Alfred: "Or we can go someplace better." He grins saying so in a playful way. But I don't want to stay near this library any longer because of what happened between me and Lionel so excitedly I reply.

"Where?-- Oh- McDonalds??" I chuckle, almost asking sarcastically.

Alfred: "Sure if that's what you want." He chuckles along. I guess I might as well go, I want to get away from here.

"Let's go!" I kiss his cheek and then finally start walking with him away from the library. Already about to head inside McDonalds (lmao), I look behind me to see if anyone was going to enter the same time as us so that I could continue to have the door open for them but instead of seeing someone, I saw the same limbo me and Lionel were in entering the parking lot. My blood started boiling underneath my skin, but at the same time, I started to panic for Alfred.

Alfred: "(Y/n), are you ok?.. You look-.. nervous?" He stares at me with a strange look, furrowing his eyes as he raises a brow in suspicion.

"I.. Um.. Sometimes I get nervous.." I hold his arm and lean close to him... not to look suspicious?? Look, I'm just trying to act natural. Although.. I'm pretty sure this will only cause more suspicion, wouldn't it..? Welp, I gotta think of something.

Alfred: ".... W-Why..??" He blushes but it seems he doesn't realize that he is.

"Well.. I feel like I'm being watched, so when I order I get nervous.. holding you like this is helping me feel better a bit." I smile toward Alfred.

Alfred: "Oh-- Ok.." Just as he was about to kiss me I see Lionel walk in, I quickly pull Alfred to sit down in a seat facing the play area for kids instead of the front desk. "(Y/n)? What are you doing?"

"I'll go order for us ok?"

Alfred: "Just a regular hamburger is fine but--" After he says that I nodded and rush back in line ignoring the other half of his sentence. Without noticing, Lionel stood in front of me.

Lionel: "Why did you push him away?"

"....Who?" I try to pretend I was here alone the whole time.

Lionel: "Don't try to act like I didn't see you and Alfred together. Why have you gone to push him to a seat and came here on your own?"

"I wanted to order for us both. Which it should be none of your business or your concern." I glare at his back. But he turns to look at me and it was too late for me to change to a fake smile.

Lionel: "Look, I'm sorry for earlier, and I don't expect you to forgive me, but just listen to me, this is serious!" I look away from him, my throat starts getting tighter and I couldn't help but make a mad face. I try my best to breathe normal, but it starts to quicken on it's own.

"I'm serious too." My voice sounded low and broke as I spoke. Lionel responded with a growl as silently as he can make it. It looks like he understands but doesn't seem to like what I had to say to show I care more for Alfred than I do for the consequences.

Lionel: "What makes you admire him so much to have you protect him?"

Alfred: "My charms." I feel Alfred wrap an arm around me. "What's going on here?"