Chapter (2)

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing underneath my pillow, jeez how I feel so sweaty. I sit up and stopped it from ringing anymore as I pick up the pillow. It was starting to annoy my ears, why did I put it so loud?.. Oh wait- I remember now. I look directly to the pair of uniform that I've placed on my desk yesterday night. Right now, it was 5:30 am. I think I've got enough time to cook something after I get ready for my first day of school. It's unnecessary to wake up this early, I know, but I just get forgetful at times and I just want to be prepared.

I rushed off my bed and headed into the bathroom. I showered, dried myself off, and changed into my uniform. As soon as I was done, I looked out the balcony as I brush my hair. It was a bit cold and the sky was still dark.  Then at the other side of the street from my house, I see empty boxes outside of the building, I guess someone must've moved in yesterday without me noticing. Oh well, time to get myself cooking. I threw the brush on my bed and washed my hands before I touched anything for my morning breakfast. 

After the clock strikes 7:00 am, the food was ready. The aroma must've woke my mother from her sleep because I hear her door knob twist to open her bedroom door. She came walking sleepily and rubbed her eyes a little.

Mom: "I'm surprised you woke up this early for your first day of school.."

"I used the alarm. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have made breakfast and rushed you to take me to school."

Mom: "Alright."

"Come eat. There's still plenty of bread and I've warmed up some water for you to make your coffee."

Mom: "Thank you sweetie." She kisses my forehead and takes some of the egg I had on my plate and eats it. "Mm. Not bad."

"Heeyy!" I giggle some and so did my mom. "Thanks.." She nods, grabs the mug of warm water and puts in some powder to make the coffee. I ate the food I had on my plate and began to drink water. Once I was done I washed my plate and fork and packed my things for school. My mom headed back to her room to go put on some slippers and grabbed her keys. She sat and drank her coffee as she eats some of the bread that was left, waiting for me to finish getting ready.

Hmm, I have my notebooks and folders, my sketchbook, my pencils, erasers, pens, and highlighters. Yep I'm all set. I just need to take my bottle of water and something to call lunch. I went ahead to prepare those things and told my mom that I'm ready to go. We left and headed to the same High School I had for my freshman year. So I am now in 10th at Evergreen High.. Yay!..

I step out of my mom's car and said goodbye quite sadly. I closed her door and I started to walk into the school campus. It was the way I had remembered it. I slowly inhale and exhale to calm myself, smelling the lovely smell of pine trees and flowers in a early morning.

???: "(Y/N)!!" Someone very familiar hugs me tightly from behind. It was none other than my best friend Ali. I turn to hug her back, seeing her smile happily with her beautiful wavy and long brown hair fits her perfectly.

"Ali! I've missed you so much!" And that was no lie. She is such a good friend to me. "How you been?"

Ali: "My summer was a bit boring so I'm a bit tired. I've missed having you around to make my days better. Thank goodness we're back together. How have you been?"

My summer was entertaining, since my hobbies are to read, write, and draw. I have no problem in taking up my free time. "I've been good." I hug her now tightly. She squeaks a little and starts to laugh. I then realize that there are students surrounding something  against the wall of one of the school's buildings.

Ali: "Oh, who do you have for advisory? I have Ms.Jay."

"I don't know yet." I let go of her. "I'll go see ok." So the students are surrounding a poster of their names listed in different advisory classes. I checked around for mine and there I found it. "I have..Ms.Sanders, room 8." I tell Ali as she stands by me.