Chapter Sixteen: Fitting

Princess Amelia of Illea

May 10th, 2010

I sat in the car beside Anna and Rose as we drove to our dress fitting. Next month would be my godsister's wedding and then in four months would be my own wedding.

It still blew my mind that William and I would be getting married and I would become the next Princess of Wales. And everyone knew I had big shoes to fill following in Diana's footsteps.

"Amy? Are you alright?" Anna asked earning me to turn to her and smile.

"I'm fine. Just thinking of everything that is going to be happening in the next few months." I confessed and Anna smiled as she stared at me.

"You still have four months sister. Do not start getting scared now. Let us worry about Vicky's wedding first." She said and Rose huffed.

"I'm still upset only you two get to go."

'You know if Vicky would, she would invite all of us. Momma and Poppa aren't even going. They are sending Albert and me." Anna said and I nodded as we turned a corner.

"And Will and I are going on behalf of Her Majesty. As we know Charles and Camilia aren't really invited anymore." I explained and Rose rolled her eyes.

"At least I will be at your wedding attending." She said as the car stopped and I looked to see we had arrived at the dress shop.

"Rose please behave," Anna said as our security detail opened the door and she stepped out first. I stepped out behind her and moved to the side to let Rose out. I linked arms with Rose as we followed Anna inside.

"Kronprinzessin Anna-Marie, Prinzessin Amelia und Prinzessin Rosalie! Herzlich willkommen!" (Crown Princess Anna-Marie, Princess Amelia, and Princess Rosalie! Welcome!) The owner said as we stepped inside.

"Hallo Sir Anthony. Sind unsere Kleider fast fertig?" (Hello Sir Anthony. Are our dresses finished?) Anna asked as he bowed to the three of us.

"Now we must be clear my dear Princesses. Which dresses do we speak of? For Crown Princess Victoria's wedding or dear Amelia's wedding?" He asked with a smile.

"Both would be amazing. But I was thinking amount the lines for Anna and I the dresses for Vicky's wedding." I said it's a smile and Sir Anthony chuckled.

"Yes, those dresses are ready and be sealed up now for you ladies to bring home today." He said before he turned and guided us towards the back sitting room.

I sat down and smiled as one of the assistants brought out the champagne.

"Rosie, you may have only half a glass," Anna said as she set down her purse and sat in one of the single armchairs. Rosie rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms.

"I didn't realize we brought momma with us." Rosie snapped and I shrunk back into my chair.

"Now ladies. We must not fight. I have very expensive wedding dresses here that my clients will be upset if they become damage." Sir Anthony said and I winced being reminded that my father was scolding us. 

"We apologize Sir Anthony." I began as Anna opened her mouth. 

"Sometimes I believe these two forget we are princesses and we represent Illea when they begin to bicker with one another like children. May Rosie try on her dress for my wedding?" I finished and Sir Anthony smiled up at me. 

"Spoken like a true Princess of Wales. Princess Rosalie, follow me." He said as e opened his arm and pointed towards the dressing room. 

I nodded at Rosie before she stood up and made her way to the dressing room. When I saw the curtain close, I sat down and accepted the glass from one of Sir Anthony's assistants.

"Why do you constantly try to one-up me?" Anna hissed and I rolled my eyes. 

"Genug Anna. Ihr beide habt euch wie Kinder benommen." (Enough Anna. You two were acting like kids) I said as I sipped the champagne. 

"I am the Crown Princess." She hissed and I raised an eyebrow as I uncrossed my legs and sat up. 

"And in four months I will reach your status and become the Princess of Wales. You might be my older sister Anna but you always acted younger than me." I hissed before the curtains opened and outstepped Rosalie in her bridesmaid dress. 

"Look at you!" I squealed as I jumped to my feet and rushed to her. 

"You like it right? It doesn't look bad?" 

"You look amazing!" I said as I spun her to see herself in the mirror. The dress was of course floor length. It wasn't long sleeve like mama wanted but it was short like I wanted. 

The color looks wonderful against my sister's pale skin. 

"You look like a beautiful maid of honor. Right, Anna?" I called out to my older sister. When we turned to see if Anna was still sitting, she was near the dressing rooms. 

"You look wonderful Anna. Like a true Princess." She whispered and I nodded. 

"Now, go change out of that and into your after-party dress," I stated as I pushed her back towards the dressing rooms and closed the curtains. 

I whirled around at Anna who quickly held her hands up.

"I wasn't going to say anything," Anna whispered as I stepped towards her. 

"Good. because with my wedding coming closer I will no longer stay in the back as you wish. I am holding my own solo engagements. I will hold my own charity events just like you." 

"But Papa and mama-" She began before I cut her off. 

"They agree with me. I hid behind you before my engagement. Before I began dating Will. Now I won't do it any longer." I said as I turned and went back to my chair and grabbed my clutch and glass of chamange. 

"I am becoming the Princess of Wales. I won't be hidden and shoved to the back like the women before me. I refuse to."