Preface 003

Princess Ameliá of Illéa

June 23rd, 2005

I stepped out of the car with Charles, Harry, and Camilia and waved to the crowd. Today William was graduating from University and I couldn't be more proud of him.

We started dating last year around Christmas and my parents thought it would be good for me to attend his graduation. I wasn't going to miss it anyway.

So much has changed since the funeral of Princess Diana. Charles threatened to abdicate because he wanted to marry Camilla. But the way the public reacted, Her Majesty named William as the new Prince of Wales and Charles became the Duke of Cornwall after his second marriage. Meaning Charles will never be King and William is first in line to the throne.

"Ready to see your boy walk across the stage?" Harry asked as he offered me his arm and led me inside. I sat next to Prince Phillip and Her Majesty as people began to file in.

"The youngest Prince of Wales to graduate," I said and Her Majesty chuckled.

"You must be very proud of him." She said and I nodded.

"I am, he was there for my graduation last month so of course, I would come to his," I stated before the students began to come in. I waved when I saw William and he smiled when he saw me.

As they all sat down Harry handed me the program and I flipped to the School of Art section and found Will's name.

As the Headmaster began his speech I looked for Will and saw him and his friends goofing off with each other.

"Was your ceremony this boring?"

"Extremely, the press was there and it made it worse," I whispered earning Harry to chuckle.

"I mean, you did go to school in the states." He said before Her Majesty looked at us and I quickly straightened up.

Soon names were being called up and I leaned forward as William stepped forward.

"William Wales," The Headmaster called out and Will stepped forward before handing the Headmaster his sash and kneeling in front of him. The Headmaster drapped the sash over his shoulders before moving his tassel and handing him his rolled-up diploma.

I clapped softly as he stood up with his shoulders straighter than before.

He did it, he finally graduating after promising his mother he would. Once everyone's named was called the Headmaster declared everyone was graduated.

I quickly stood up and walked outside with the rest of the family outside. I saw Will talking to some of his friends but once he saw me he turned to me and opened his arms. I grinned as I rushed into them and hugged him.

"I am so proud of you!" I said as I kissed his cheek.

"Thank you. I'm so happy you could make it." He said as we pulled apart.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world. You came to mine in the States for my graduation. I wouldn't miss this." I said before I stepped away and let his family say hello to him.

"Though we were upset you couldn't be here when he was crowned as the Prince of Wales," Camila said and Harry glared at her.

"And like I explained to you. On the anniversary of her grandfather's murder her entire country mourns." Her Majesty explained and I nodded.

"Granddad was amazing. He never wanted us to know he was a King." I explained as William handed me his roll.

"I have to get a frame to hang it up around the apartment." He said and I nodded.

"Actually William. I brought up this idea to your father. Giving you and Harry apartments at Kensington Palace." Her Majesty said and I smiled.

"I can decorate! Please let me decorate." I said and Harry chuckled.

"Decorate my side. I have horrible taste according to everyone." He said as he unbuttoned his jacket.

"Truly Granny?" William asked and Her Majesty nodded.

"Think of it as a graduation present." She said before we all began following her towards the cars.

"I never asked how Carlos is doing?" Harry asked and I frowned.

"Well, Carlos was in love with Emmy. And she died giving birth to my niece." I said as I wrapped my hand around William's arm.

"What did he name her?"

"Oh, she is so beautiful but so tiny. She is still in the hospital NICU. Her name is Celine Emmy Isabella Maria. Poppa doesn't know if he is going to give her a title because she was born out of wedlock." I explained as we got to the cars. William opened the door for me and I climbed into the car smiling.

William got in after me before Harry got into his own car. I smiled once the driver took off before I turned to William.

"I'm so proud of you my love," I said and he grinned at me.

"Thank you, honey." He said as I kissed him softly.

"Maybe later today I could make up for the night I graduated." I offered and William raised an eyebrow at me smirking.

"I wouldn't mind that one bit."