Chapter Twenty-One: Foundation Talk

Princess Amelia of Illea

July 23rd, 2010

William, Harry and I sat in the private area at our favorite Italian restaurant after leaving a meeting with Her Majesty and Prince Charles. 

"They want us to come up with our own foundation now?' Harry asked as the waiter walked away after taking our drink orders. 

"Either individual foundations. Or we can do one together if we'd like. Anna and Albert did theirs's together. I have my own in Illea." I explained as I flipped through the menu. 

"What is your foundation in Illea?' 

'Literacy. Trying to make it possibly for everyone no matter their social status, financial status, or housing status.  Anna and Albert's is for the homeless. Father's is mainly the military. My mother's is women's health all over the globe. It's why she's always traveling." I explained as the waiter came back. 

He handed me my sweet tea before giving Harry his vodka soda and William his coca cola and lemon. 

"Are we ready to start on appetizers yet?" 

"Yes, I believe for the whole table garlic bread shall do?" Harry asked and we all nodded. We waited again until the waiter walked away before we started talking again. 

"So shall we make a foundation together? All three of us and then when Harry gets married his wife joins us?" Will asked and I smiled. 

"I would like that. Harry? It's your call. You know we wouldn't force you unless you wanted to." 

Harry stared at the two of us for a moment and nodded. 

"I'm in. What should our foundation be based upon?" 

"We all care for mental health. You two have advocated a lot of it since your mother passed. Then continued on with the two of you. Our main should be for mental health but then we each branch off and make a branch of our own within it." I explained and Harry smiled. 

"So an office within an office. One big goal and then something we each care about. I like the idea a lot." 

Will brought out his phone and nodded. 

"I'm texting our private secretaries now. Hopefully within the week we have the papers to call it our own." 

"Would you continue with your literacy over here Amelia?" Harry asked and I nodded as I sipped my drink. 

"Between that and the arts. I've always loved paintings. What about you Harry?" 

"The veterans. We hear so much of people wanting to help them but no one ever really does help them." He began and I nodded. 

'I'm glad you know already. What of you Will?" 

"I don't know yet. I might dive more into male mental health. No one ever really believes a man can suffer mentally like a woman. They think of us to always be strong because we are men." 

I stared at the two of them for a moment before clearing my throat. 

"Alright, business' talk on hold. What should we get to actually eat? I'm starving." 

Harry let out a laugh before he grabbed his menu. 

"I was thinking stuffed shells for me with a side salad. We have training soon in the army." He explained and I nodded. 

"Chicken parmesan with pasta for me. Also a side salad. I still have fittings for our wedding and if I go up a size they might actually kill me." 

"No they wouldn't. And anyone who would say something I'll kill them myself." He said and I reached over and touched his cheek. 

"The same for you William. But your outfit won't be as criticized as mine. You're already the next King of England. But I'm the next Queen." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Three Hours later ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into the apartment without William as he and Harry had a later engagement at the castle with their cousins. 

I stared around the empty apartment and sighed. 

"Perhaps I shall get a dog to keep me company." I whispered before I heard my laptop binging. I placed my purse down and closed the door before rushing to the dining table where my laptop was at and opened it to see a video request from Rose. 

I pressed answer and smiled at my younger sister. 

"Rose! Missing me already?" I asked and she rolled her eyes. 

"You know I can barely survive without you. Where is William? You haven't killed him have you?' 

"Not yet. He is with Harry back at Buckingham Palace. A joint engagement between the Air Force and Army. I'll be back soon. I need to finish packing." I explained and she sighed. 

"About your packing. That's why I called." 

I raised an eyebrow at my sister who looked confused. 

"Rosa, ist etwas passiert?" (Rose, has something happened?)

"Es ist Anna. Sie ist verrückt geworden, dass Vater dir erlaubt, viele Illea-Sachen zu nehmen." (It's Anna. She went crazy that father is allowing you to take a lot of Illea things.)

I stared at her confused before shaking my head. 

"Viele Illea-Sachen? Meint sie meine Kronen?" (A lot of Illea things? Does she mean my crowns?) 

Rose nodded her head before looking around. 

"I would hurry Amelia. Mother caught her trying to take the crowns away." 

"Those have been my crowns since I was fifteen years old! They are mine-" I began before I stopped myself from yelling even more. 

"When do her and Albert return from their tour of Illea?" 

"The second of August." 

"Wonderful. Tell our parents I'll be there the third. Sleep well Rose. I love you."