Chapter Six: Engagement Interview

Princess Amelia of Illea

January 31st, 2010

I stood beside William as we came back from taking our engagement photos and letting the press take our photos.

I inhaled softly before I felt someone place their hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see my mother standing there.

"Geht es dir gut?" (Are you alright?) She asked and I nodded.

"Just nervous. Our engagement interview is next." I said and she smiled softly at me.

"You look very beautiful. Your father and I are very proud of you." She whispered as she fixed the loose curl and tucked it back in my bun.

"I know. I just wish he was here." I said as I watched Will greet Tom Bradby who would be interviewing us.

"He wishes that as well but he has to be with Anna preparing for Crown Princess Day." She explained before William turned to me.

"Amelia, it's time." He said and I smiled softly at him before nodding my head to my mother and walking over to my fiance. Will took my hand and I turned to Tom.

"It's very nice to meet you," I said as I shook his hand and smiled at him.

"The pleasure is all mine. Can we just quickly hook you up to a microphone?" He asked as he pointed to his assistant.

"Of course!" I said as I stepped to the side and allowed the assistant to hook the small microphone to the front of my shirt and then I sat down and saw the camera rolling.

"Welcome! First of all congratulation to you both!" Tom said and I grinned at him.

"Thank you!"

"People are obviously very curious about you, so let's start with the obvious. William, where did you propose, when, how. And Amelia, what did you say?"

"It was a couple of weeks ago. Amelia was here visiting me and I cooked us dinner which I rarely do. We have talked about getting married and marriage in general so it wasn't a big surprise. We were eating and I told her to close her eyes and I proposed." Will explained and I chuckled.

"It was very romantic."

"So you said yes immediately?"

"Not immediately, I asked if it was alright for me to wear this ring and then I said yes. I'm pretty sure I yelled yes."

"And William, how long have you been planning to propose to Amelia?" Tom asked as he leaned forward.

"For quite some time. Every guy out there knows it takes time and a lot of motivation to ask someone to marry you. I just wanted to really show Amelia how much she means to me." He explained as he reached over and grabbed my hand.

"Did you think something was off with him at all?"

"Yes, William rarely cooks dinner, I normally do because otherwise, he'll burn the house down. So when he offered I was a bit confused about why."

"So you proposed, Amelia said yes. And it's a family ring?"

"It is a family ring, yes. It's my mother's engagement ring. So I thought it was quite nice because obviously she's not going to be around to share any of the fun and excitement of it all - this was my way of keeping her sort of close to it all."

"I guess we better have a look at it. What kind of ring is it, are you an expert on what's?" Tom asked and I lifted my hand a bit so the camera could zoom in for a moment.