23 | Please Just Understand

"uhhh, I'm sorry, I need to go" I stammered.

"no one buys eggos without me" she replied.

I was contemplating what to do when luckily a little girl and her mom came up to millie for a photo.

I took the chance to sneak away and frantically find ethan.

Once I found him I whisper shouted "ethan we need to go. Millies here"

"but y/n, groceries remember?"

"I don't care. We can order a home delivery. Let's go"

"you know youre gonna have to get over this. Just stay with me. I'm almost done"

"no. I'll see you when I'm home" I replied, storming off.

I walked out of the shop and I began walking down the street when I heard a voice behind me.

"y/n. Please let me explain" millie said.

I could hear the pain in her voice. That was when I realised how foolish I had been. I was being selfish. This was for myself, not the others. I never did this and it wasn't right.

As I turned around, I saw pools of tears in her eyes.

"y/n, I can't do this. I mean avoid you. You are going to be very where. Remember that you live in the same neighbourhood as me now. I can start again, but only if I can see you today. If not, God it kills me to say this but I'll just completely remove you" she whispered the last, as if she didn't want to say it.

I knew how stupid I had been. Without thinking, I pulled her into an embrace. We both stood there for a long time, tears streaming down our faces.

Until we heard camera shutters clicking.

I reluctantly pulled away and said "millie, meet me at Hyde Park at 2 o'clock. But just you okay? The boys would be even worse than you"

And before she could answer, she got into her car and I ran all the way back home. I didn't even notice that I was still crying.

I ran into my bedroom and collapsed onto the bed. I was jetlagged and overwhelmed. The worst combination.

This was excruciatingly hard to do. Millies beautiful eyes filled with tears was one of the worst sights.

I took a deep breath before falling into a sea of tears again. It just wasn't fair. Life wasn't fair.

And the worst part was, no one believed in my idea. I knew it was hard, but it was the only way to feel good again. But it was instead making me feel worse.

Why couldn't anyone just understand me.

I spend the next 10 minutes playing with my feelings until my phone went off.

My heart dropped when I saw who it was. Sam. The only one who I could get an answer from now.

I unsuccessfully dried my tears and picked up.

(bold-Sam.   Italic-y/n)

Hey y/n! Wait, are you crying?

It's nothing, I'm fine.

Tell me y/n. What's wrong?

Just stuff. But I'm back in London. Maybe we can meet up?

If you're sure you're OK but sure! When and where?

Tomorrow morning? We could watch the sunrise. I mean if you wanted to.

I'd love to. I'll let you get on though. See you y/n!

I hung up the phone and thought to muself. I could get his opinion on my plan tomorrow morning. But for now I had to fix myself up. I took my make up off and didn't bother to put more back on. My skin deserved a break.

(A/N: I feel bad for leaving with a short chapter so here's another one)