💀Doubts 💀

💀Light POV💀

It felt a little strange discussing the Kira case without (y/n) sitting beside me. I found it challenging to focus, my mind continuously drifted back to our argument. I wanted to get over it, move on, but I couldn't ignore what she said. 

"I don't belong to you, I'm not your anything!" 

 Her words hurt, but I would never let her know that. It wasn't my intention to be possessive, I thought I was doing a good job. I give her space when she wants and I'm always there when she needs me. I thought of myself as a good boyfriend. I thought I was keeping her happy.

Did I fail to do that much?

I don't ask her for a lot , I just want to see her happy. I can't describe the butterflies I get when she looks at me with that bright smile of hers. I love waking up to see her embracing me. Her being in my life, is enough for me. She's already done so much for me, far more than I expected her to. 

Our relationship is strong, we've come so far in such a small amount of time. I like to think that (Y/n) is an amazing person. After finding out that I was the mastermind behind all these mysterious heart attacks, she still stood by my side. She never once looked at me differently. 

Any other person would turn their backs to me. Look at me with disgust, call me crazy. They would turn me in to the police in an instant. But (Y/n) never did any of that. Perhaps, she's a little crazy herself. I mean who in their right mind, would date a serial killer? (Y/n), that's who. 

I smiled as I thought of my girlfriend, but that smile slowly faded as the shinigami came to my mind as well.

Overtime I've built a secure relationship with (Y/n), but that doesn't matter. All of our progress meant  nothing. To think that one shinigami, could cause so much conflict. It really pisses me off.

Do I really mean so little to her? So little that she would choose a literal demon over me? 

 She said she loved me, that  we could get through anything. Was it all a lie? 

I excused myself from the meeting and decided to go home. My real home, not with her. 

I hated the fact that I was competing with a shinigami. A shinigamiWhat do they have that I don't? I try so hard to be good to her and this is what I get in return! I buy tons of apples to keep Ryuk busy and away from us on a weekly basis! He's never around anymore! I sent away my actual partner in crime, to be with her! 

And she can't do the same. She brings Rem along with her every where. Sure she took a break, once I found out. But she still went right back to old habits.

Am I the only one putting effort into making this relationship work?

I make sure she eats enough, I don't allow her to stress out, I make sure she gets enough sleep. What has the shinigami done? What makes them so great? What else am I supposed to do?! What else could she want from me?!  I put aside my own stress and anxiety to help her with her needs! 

I never let her see me weak, because I want her to depend on me. To believe in me. I try so hard to be the best boyfriend I can be. But for what? Nothing. I ask for nothing, all I ask is for my love to be returned. But apparently it's not. Has this all been for nothing? 

Should I have ignored her when she first approached me? Should I have declined her invite to the arcade?  Should I have kept being Kira a secret? 

Should I have wrote her name? 

No, I care about her too much to even consider it. 

But is my love returned? Does she actually care? I don't know what to believe anymore. The one person I trusted the most seems to have turned their back on me. I feel abandoned, but that's fine. I knew the risk I was taking from the beginning. 

I can't help but wonder how differently things would've been if it had been just me and Ryuk. Would I have made it this far?

Of course I would. I don't need  her. 

I tried to convince myself, but I knew the truth.  I've fallen victim to my feelings for her. 

  When I made it home, I wasted no time going to my room. When I opened the door, I found Ryuk swallowing apples. He didn't seem to notice my presence.  

"You act as if I starve you

"You act as if I starve you." I said, closing my room door. 

He paused what he was doing to turn and look at me. 

"Light? What are you doing here?" 

"Well this is my room isn't it?" I say as I walk over to my bed. 

"Yeah but shouldn't you be with that girlfriend of yours?" 

"Tch... No." 

"Oh? Did you have a little argument?" Ryuk spoke in a teasing manner. 

"Yeah, it's nothing. She's just with that other shinigami." 

"Haha you're jealous, aren't cha Light?!" Ryuk laughed and practically choked. 

"No, How could I be jealous over something that I know I'm better than?" 

"Doesn't seem that way to me... Anyways did you bring any more apples with you?" 

"No, I just got you some, those should've lasted you the week. " 

"Yeah.. well, they didn't. Why don't you go get me some more?" 

I rolled my eyes at the greedy shinigami. 

"If it'll shut you up. I have a lot of planning to do today." 

"Planning for what? You already lost your girl to a shinigami." Ryuk smirked. 

"I haven't and I won't because it's about time I got rid of the problem.  They've been too much of a nuisance." 

💀I swear I have too many ideas for this story, it's starting to get hard to make all this make sense.
But were finally getting to my favorite part 😏😈 💀