💀Don't Hate Me 💀

💀Light POV about 10-20 minutes earlier 💀

I closely watched Y/n as I waited for our food to be ready. She seemed uncomfortable sense we walked in. Her entire posture changed and her eyes kept moving around the room. She looked paranoid and worried. 

Every time I tried to talk to her she would appear nervous and surprised. After it repeating a few times I decided to just let her be. No use in adding to whatever stress or anxiety she's experiencing right now. 

I sighed, allowing my own problems to torment me. 

I had just figured out the best plan to kill Rem and get rid of L. I was so excited to tell Y/n, I loved telling her my plans. I like watching how fascinated her face looks as I explain. 

But not this time. 

This time, the plan is a bit different than my past ones. I'll actually be killing someone worth while and the shinigami that's after my girlfriend. 

It was a great plan, but I just know Y/n won't approve. The moment I mention the shinigami's death, she'll oppose. I just hope it doesn't get so bad that we argue again. It would suck to lose the one I love because of some demon, but I've accepted the possibility. I won't be surprised if it happens, but I can't necessarily say I'm prepared for it either.  

I hope it doesn't come to that, because I  might just have to kill Y/n. She knows too much to just let her walk away. I would hate to do it, but it would be too risky. Especially if she held a grudge. 

"Here you are, One order of (Your favorite breakfast) and  the pancakes with bacon and sausage." 

The waitress finally made her way to our table and all my worries were washed away at the sight of my plate. 

I can worry about that later, I told myself. 

I quickly grabbed hold of my fork and bit into my pancakes. They were soft and warm, just how I like it. I smiled as the flavors of syrup exploded on my tongue. 

I was so happy in this moment. Just to be with Y/n and not to have any distractions. Sure, I had to worry about the shinigami, but for now I could put that aside. For once I'm alone with Y/n. It seems like it's been so long. I hope we can have more dates like this in the future. 

I can feel my heart beat faster in my chest at the thought.  

I'm so happy that that shinigami isn't here right now. I don't know where it is nor do I care. I don't even want to think about when it'll return. I just want to enjoy it while it last. If I'm lucky, the damned thing went and died somewhere, but I doubt it. 

I looked up from my plate to see Y/n playing with her food instead of eating it. 

"Aren't you hungry, Y/n?"  I asked, raising a brow. 

"Huh? Oh yeah. Haha sorry..." Y/n answered in a surprised manner, again. 

I watched her stuff her mouth with food. She hurriedly chewed and swallowed. I doubt she even tasted it. Before going for another bite she forced a smile on her face to reassure me. To her disadvantage, I can read her like an open book. 

"Y/n... What's bothering you? You've been acting off sense we got here." 

"It's nothing." 

I chuckled at her attempt to lie. 

"Look, if you're gonna try to lie, do it to someone that doesn't know you like I do." 

She looked surprised at the fact that I caught her lie.