Chapter 27 - Jiemma VS Sting

Natsu's POV

Just before Jiemma was about to attack Yukino, Sting tackled him and bared his teeth. Jiemma pushed him off and rolled onto his paws. Without hesitation, Sting stood up and speedily bite Jiemma side. Jiemma yelped before whipping his head around, snapping his jaws trying to bite Sting. His teeth missed Sting multiple times. In between Jiemma's bites, Sting took the opportunity to disengage by jumping onto his back and leaping off him. As his paws pushed off Jiemma's back, it knocked Jiemma off balance and pushed him over.

While they were locked in combat, I immediately turned my attention to Lucy who was lying on her side. "Lucy!" I cried as I ran over to her. As soon as I reached her, I noticed she was still breathing and then cautiously walked closer to her face. I lowered my head and gently nudged her snout. She squeezed her eyes before she opens them, showing me her beautiful brown eyes. She immediately looked up at me and smiled. "This reminds me of the day I met you" she said with a soft smile.

I sighed in relief, "don't scare me like that" I said. "Sorry" she replied as she stood up. "Where's Yukino?" she asked as she looked around. "She's watching Sting fight Jiemma but there's something more important we need to discuss" I said. I want to check If she's really pregnant with my pups or not. I would be the happiest wolf alive if she was. "What?! Sting is fighting Jiemma?!" she exclaimed. "Yes and we'll go in a minute but first I want to check something" I replied and then stepped closer to her. I nuzzled the side of her neck and took a big sniff of her scent. I could smell my mate scent mixed in with hers, but I could also tell that her scent has changed which I knew what this smell change means. She really is pregnant with my pups!

I tackled her excitedly and started licking her face. "I'm going to be a father!" I excitedly cheered while my tail wagged crazily. Lucy giggled at my excitement. "I'm happy too but I think you've forgotten we're in the middle of a war" she said. Oops, I did forget. "You're right. We'll celebrate later but or now, let's be there to back up Sting if he needs it. Stay close to me and never leave my side" I replied as I walked beside her. I'm not letting her out of my sight.

Some wolves from both sides stopped their fight to watch Sting and Jiemma fight. None of the Sabertooth wolves were cheering for either side but I could tell they were secretly cheering for Sting. They all had hope in their eyes as they watched.

Jiemma looked horrible. He was breathing heavily, his white fur was stained with blood in multiple places and he had a limp. Sting was slightly puffed and had a minor injury on his side. With a quick deep breath, Sting charged at Jiemma. As Jiemma tried to swat him, Sting jumped onto his head and slammed it to the floor. While Jiemma was on the floor, Sting leapt onto his back and bit between his shoulder blades before jumping off. Jiemma howled in pain as he stood up. Before he could recover, Sting tackled him onto his side and bit on his neck. "Yield!" Sting muffled as he pinned him down. I knew he could do it.

Every wolf, who were still fighting, stopped their fight and turned their attention to what was happening between Sting and Jiemma. "I rather die than yield" Jiemma replied as he glared up at him. Now Sting has a big decision to make, kill him or show him mercy and banish him from the pack. This choice could either make or break the pack.

As I expected, he chose to show him mercy by letting him go and stepping back. He made the right choice. "As the new Alpha of Sabertooth. I banish you from the pack" Sting announced and then addressed the pack. "Any wolves who will not accept me as the new Alpha, you may leave with Jiemma in peace" he stated. Jiemma grumbled as he stood up and walked away. No one followed him, not even his daughter Minerva. Sabertooth will have a brighter future with Sting as the new Alpha.