Chapter 19 - Summer Solstice Day One

Lucy's POV

It was officially the first day of the Summer Solstice. Today, every Alpha and Beta from each pack will gather in the meeting place behind the gap in the mountain and discuss matters of the packs. "We're going now and we'll be back by sundown. Remember Lucy, don't go anywhere near Sabertooth while we're gone. Ok?" Natsu said as he was about to leave with Gray and Erza. I looked over at Sabertooth and saw Jiemma firmly talking to Yukino, Sting, Rogue and Orga. It was sad to see how horrible he was treating them, especially Yukino.

Natsu noticed this and walked back over to me. He rubbed his head under my chin as a sign of comfort. "It'll be ok. Jiemma won't be here for a while" he said and I felt a bit of relief thanks to him. I rubbed my head against his in thanks and he pulled back with a smile. Before he walked over to Gray and Erza, who were waiting for him, he went up to Wendy and whispered something in her ear. She nodded with determination and then he left with Gray and Erza for the meeting.

I watched as all of the Alphas and Betas climbed up the mountain and then disappear through the gap. Especially a certain pink furred Alpha. "So Lucy want to gather some berries with me? We could have them for lunch before we have to hunt some dinner for when the others get back?" Wendy suggested. "Sure" I replied, knowing that if I didn't go, I would've probably sat around all day worrying about Yukino and Sabertooth.

After gathering some purple and blue berries, we brought them back to our clearing and ate them while we were having a nice chat. "What do you think they're talking about up there?" Wendy asked, laying across from me. "I'm not sure. My mother and father used to tell me it was just boring adult talks" I replied and we both giggled. "Really?" a new male voice spoke up and we turned to see the twin wolves of Sabertooth next to us. Both Wendy and I jumped to our paws. "Does that mean your parents were Alphas or Betas?" the blond wolf, Sting, spoke again curiously. "What do you want?" I asked, firmly. I remember Erza saying there should be no conflict between packs while the Alpha and Betas are away. Hopefully those two don't start something.

"We're just interested in the new wolf Natsu brought, who he seems very fond of. You, Blondie" Sting said with a smirk. So it's me they're interested in. I'm not surprised. "You're blond too you know and now that you've met me, we're going to go" I replied with sass, wanting to end this conversation as soon as possible. Wendy and I turned to walk away but both of them ran around to block us from leaving. "Don't leave yet. We want to get to know you" Sting smirked. "Well, I don't want to know you. Come on Wendy" I replied with more sass as I pushed myself between them and then walked towards the forest. I heard a slight growl from Sting as I walked away which made me secretly smirk.

Wendy quickly ran to catch up to me. "Are you ok Lucy?" she asked. "I'm fine. Those two don't scare me. I've handled jerks like them before. Anyway, how about we go for a run and then hunt for dinner?" I asked. "Sure" she replied with a smile and then we began to run through the forest at full speed.

Running through the forest felt amazing. When I run, it feels like all my worries and problems are behind me and my mind is clear. We ran until we reached a narrow river. Both of us were panting and walked over to the river for a cool drink. As we were drinking, I heard a rustle behind us, so I whipped around and growled at the potential threat.

A pale blue wolf from Sabertooth revealed herself from behind a bush with her ears pinned back to show she wasn't a threat. She lifted her head and her ears as she looked at me. "Lucy?" she asked warily which proved she remembered me. "Yukino?" I asked and her ears perked up. "It is you!" she cheered, and we excitedly ran up to each other. We nuzzled each other excitedly. "I can't believe you're alive. I thought you died" she said. "It's a long story. I thought you were enslaved, why are you with Sabertooth now?" I asked the urging question that's been on my mind.

"That's a long story too but I don't have time to talk about it either. I followed you because I wanted to warn you. Stay away from Sabertooth especially Jiemma if he figures out who you are then he'll declare war on Fairy Tail to take you" she said with worry. "Why is he after me?" I asked. "You're the only off-spring of the Legendary Celestial Luna, Layla and the last descendant of Anna the Celestial Warrior. He wants your strength and smarts to breed an army of strong warriors to make Sabertooth the strongest pack in Fiore" she explained. A shiver ran down my spine at the thought. "That's horrible!" Wendy exclaimed.

"Yes, so make sure you to stay away from-" suddenly a male howl in the distance interrupted Yukino. "That's Sting calling me, I got to go. Make sure you to stay away from Sabertooth and especially Jiemma. I'll try my best to keep Jiemma from suspecting you. It was nice to see you again Lucy" she quickly said before running off towards the howl. "It was nice to see you too Yukino" I called out before she was out of earshot.

"We need to tell Natsu about this" Wendy said urgently which I think is a bad idea. "We can't" I replied. "Why not?" she asked curiously while tilting her head. "Remember when I told Natsu about my past? He almost started a pack war because of it. If we tell him, he might really start one" I replied and she had a look of realisation on her face. "I didn't think of that" she said. "Promise me you won't tell anyone about it. Especially Natsu" I lightly begged, and she nodded. "Promise" she replied. "Good, now let's hunt some dinner before the others get back" I said. "Ok, let's go" she replied and then we ran to hunt some prey down for dinner.