Chapter 14 - Lucy's Injuries

Natsu's POV

I ran as fast as I could towards the Healer den and when I got there, the first thing I saw was Lucy laying on her side, unconscious on a bed made of leaves in the middle of the den. Wendy was in the back mashing up some berries while Gajeel and Levy sat on the side watching over Lucy. "How is she?" I asked as I entered and walked up to Lucy.

Now that I got a good look at her, I saw she a few bites and claw scratches all over her body. All the blood from the bites and claws marks were dried up. "Once I apply this ointment to her bites and scratches, she'll be better in a few days. It looks like she was knocked out by something hard. At first, I thought she was knocked out from blood loss, but I think the cause was from that bump on her head," Wendy replied. I looked over Lucy's head and finally noticed the small bump. From her words, it sounds like Lucy's condition isn't serious which I was relieved.

"Levy, do you mind getting some clean water from the river?" Wendy replied. "Sure" Levy replied and started to walk out of the den. "I'll help her" Gajeel said and went to follow after her but I stopped him. "Wait, tell me what happened" I ordered without taking my eyes off Lucy.

"It's ok Gajeel, I can handle getting the water by myself" Levy said and then left. Gajeel sighed and sat back down. I hope someday those two will become mates. Gajeel has mellowed out a lot since he met Levy and joined our pack from the disbanded Phantom Lord pack. Juvia also joined along with him because she fell in love with Gray.

I looked over at him, waiting for his explanation. "After Laxus announced he had Lucy and you accepted his challenge, Levy suggested we sneak away to find her. I used my nose to track her down by retracing Laxus' scent. It led me to an abandon den outside of Fairy Tail's border and there we found Bixlow guarding Lucy. Levy and I worked together to take down Bixlow and then I carried Lucy back to you" he explained. "Thank you for doing that" I muttered but I knew he heard me. "Anytime Salamander and I'm sure Shrimp feels the same" he chuckled.

"Sorry to interrupt but Gajeel, do you mind getting some meat from the food den? I think Lucy might be hungry when she wakes up" Wendy asked. "No problem" he said and then walks out of the den.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" I asked Wendy. I had enough of just sitting around doing nothing while Lucy is in this state. "You could help me apply the ointment on her" she replied and then started smearing the smashed berries onto some large leaves. "Alright" I replied before grabbing one of the large leaves and placing it on a bite mark on Lucy's shoulder. "You're going to be alright Lucy" I cooed before grabbing another leaf.

Once all the leaves were applied, I sat beside Lucy's head and watched over her with gentle eyes. The wait was killing me on the inside. I wanted her eyes to open so I knew she was alright. I bent my head down and nudged her cheek slightly with my snout. "Lucy" I cooed and then she stirred a bit. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around with confused eyes. "Where am I?" she asked, disoriented. "You're in the Healer's den" I told her.

"Do you remember what happened?" I asked her. She nodded but winced slightly at the movement. "After you left my den, I went to go exploring and hunt some food when Laxus and the Thunder Legion jumped me. I tried fighting back but four against one is hardly far. Laxus said something about using me to help take you down. Next thing I know I woke up here" she explained, and I nodded.

"You shared a den unmated?" we heard Wendy say in surprise. Oops, forgot she was here. "I was having nightmares, so he was trying to comfort me" Lucy replied, shyly for some reason. "Yeah so please don't tell anyone about this. It'll be our secret" I added, and Wendy nodded in understanding.

"Is Lu awake yet?" Levy asked from the entryway with a curved leaf filled with water being held between her teeth. Gajeel stood behind her with a rabbit in his mouth. "Yes, she's awake. Please bring the water over here" Wendy replied, and Levy walked over to her.

Wendy bit a yellow-coloured berry over the water and the juices fell into the water. "Lucy, I need you to drink this. It will help with the pain" Wendy said, and Levy lowered the leaf down, close enough for Lucy to reach. Lucy tried to sit up but winced every time she moved. "Let me help you" I offered and then helped her rolled onto her stomach with my head. "Thanks Natsu" she said and then lapped up the water. "Thanks Levy" she said once all the water was gone. "No problem Lu" Levy replied and went to sit next to Gajeel by the entrance.

Gajeel then stepped forward and put the rabbit down in front of her. "Here's a rabbit if you're hungry" he said before walking back over to Levy. "Thanks Gajeel, I'm starving" Lucy said and took a bite. For a moment, she went into a deep thought. "How long was I out?" she asked curiously. I pieced together when I last saw her and what she told me. "Since yesterday afternoon, I think" I replied. "What happened to Laxus and the Thunder Legion?" Lucy asked another question. "Well, Laxus challenged me and lost. So for challenging me, hurting you and interfering with the challenge, they were demoted to Omega. Laxus was demoted for six months while the Thunder Legion were demoted for two months. Plus, I took them off the Hunting and Patrol" I replied, and she nodded.

"By the way, Levy and Gajeel were the ones who found you while Laxus was challenging me" I added. "Oh, thanks Levy and Gajeel" Lucy said with gratitude. "No worries Lu. Anything for my best friend and fellow pack member. Anyway, me and Gajeel have to go now. I hope you get better soon" Levy replied and walked out of the den with Gajeel.